PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Holy Family Holy Name School 3

Posted October 07, 2015
The teachers at HFHN are nice, but one or two aren't so nice. The students are expected to do everything as they say and to not question the teachers or defend themselves when unjustly treated because it would be considered back talking. Also boys and girls are not allowed to hug? I was not aware that when the opposite gender hug it is sexualized when they are just children. They over-sexualize almost everything, girls wearing skinny jeans because it will "distract the boys" they are not even allowed to paint their nails! They say to follow the dress code, but then I notice teachers with brightly painted nails, and more then 2 bracelts on each hands. If you are trying to teach the children to follow the dress code, might as well tell the teachers to also follow it because we wouldn't want to distract the students correct?

Holy Family Holy Name School
Develops respect: Disagree

Posted October 07, 2015
I put disagree because the students are not treated equally and not allowed to defend themselves or it would be considered back talking. The adults would side with the teacher because a teacher is harder to replace then a student remember that.

Holy Family Holy Name School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
The school is great in the fact that it is a close community and you will really get to know the other students and the teachers. Although, since the grades share teachers if you don't like a teacher you have you are stuck with them for two years. The school takes modesty to far. They yell at you if your skirt comes an inch above your Knee and PDA (public display of affection such as a simple hug) is unacceptable. The girls have to wear tights all year long no matter the weather and this can be extremely hot and uncomfortable. The education is all one level too. if you excel in Science or any subject you have to stay with the rest of the class. This causes the "slower" students to have low grades and the "smarter" students to become bored. Fundraisers are often promoted to the point of annoyance and some are required or an extra fee is added to your tuition. I suggest a bake sale during school hours of cookies or such. Overall the school is decent and i do not regret my time here although there are definite changes needed.

Posted February 13, 2011
My child has had a great year so far and loves her school! We are very happy with our decision to enroll our daughter at holy family holy name school. The entire staff is a little community with one goal...educating our children. The extended care hours are perfect for working parents and the academics are top notch. I would not hesitate to recommend HFHN to any parent! Keep up the great work!

Posted September 16, 2009
I love this school because the entire school community is passionate about all that they do....spirituality, education, and service! Bouyah!

Posted July 20, 2007
What an awesome experience for my son. He loves his school, teacher and I love the fact that he is getting structure and discipline while receiving a top notch education. The small size of the school is a plus but hurts when providing more extracurricular activites to the younger grades. They have an excellent extended care program with opportunites to participate in yoga and Math Fit along with Mad Science. Every week my son comes home & teaches me something new. Parents should be involved and are given many opportunities to do just that. Every day the principal (or another staff member) welcomes every child into school by name. Whenever an issue has arisen i.e. ill child or discipline issue, the school has been caring and responsive to my and my son's needs and/or concerns. I highly recommend Holy Family/Holy Name School.

Posted February 03, 2007
After attending both public and parochial schools ourselves, my husband and I wanted a parochial education for our children. We have chosen the best school in Holy Family-Holy Name!! The parents are extremely involved and supportive in their childrens' education (both spiritually and academically), and the teachers and staff are truly top notch! My children are receiving an incredible education and I know they will excel in high school and college. Even though one of my children has a learning disorder, her teachers and principal constantly meet with us and keep us informed of her progress and accommodate her needs. Fantastic school!

Posted June 13, 2006
Our daughter has attended HFHN for Kindergarten and first grade and she has had a wonderful, enriching experience. She has excelled academically and has gained invaluable social skills. The faculty, staff, and environment are all first rate. We would not hesitate to recommend HFHN to any parent wanting a top quality education for their child.

Posted September 15, 2004
Holy Family Holy Name is an outstanding school. From the top to the bottom this school does it right. I've had the opportunity to work with a few other schools in the area and HFHN stands head and shoulders above the rest. The principal Cecilia Felix is very respected among her peers and a loving and devoted educator. If you are looking for professionalism and a nuturing catholic education, HFHN is the place.

Holy Family Holy Name School
91 Summer Street, New Bedford, MA  02740
Last modified Holy Family Holy Name School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Holy Name School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top