6-8 & Ungraded
Newburyport, MA

Posted December 10, 2012
I was a student here when I was in fourth through sixth grade. Now I'm a former student in eighth grade, who lives in Wells, Maine, and I still can't get over the horrible experiences I had at this school. I was bullied a lot at this school, and the teachers did nothing to help me. They wouldn't even believe me when I told them about what the other kids had done to me; they just told me that I shouldn't worry about it. When they did see it, they sat back and watched instead of intervening. The kids at this school are disrespectful and cruel, and I became severely depressed in sixth grade. The teachers are passive and they made me feel like my problems weren't important enough for them to help me with. I now have to go to counseling and take depression medication because of my experience here. Also, the education isn't all that great. The grading system is weak and it's too easy on the students. Also, the material they teach is lacking. When I moved to Wells, the material was so much harder than what I learned in Newburyport, and it shouldn't have been. I would never, ever recommend anyone to send their child to this school.

Rupert A Nock Middle School 2

Posted February 09, 2010

Posted June 23, 2009

Rupert A Nock Middle School 0

Posted June 22, 2009
This is the second time through as a parent. And again, i find that the teachers fall way short in caring for the students, striving to help those who are struggling, and just plain being engaging towards them. Also, there is no communication with parents and they completely rely on the passive system of Snapgrades to inform parents of their kids' grades. After school help is available but not encouraged. The principal is wonderful -- but I'm not sure he is aware of how passive his teachers are. There are very few true educators in the school.

Rupert A Nock Middle School 5

Posted September 11, 2008
I absolutely love this school! It has everything that you would want your child to learn. It is the safest school I have ever been to, and the best. The teachers are nice, and take time to have the kids understand the work. I definitely recommend this school to anyone :D Sure, it's not perfect, but it's a great school, and your child would be lucky to go to it.

Rupert A Nock Middle School 5

Posted October 11, 2003

Posted September 18, 2003

Rupert A Nock Middle School
70 Low St, Newburyport, MA  01950
Last modified Rupert A Nock Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rupert A Nock Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top