Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

In summary, you should avoid sending your child to the Nock Middle School or the Molin Elementary School, which is co-located with the Middle School. Last year, there were numerous problems at the Newburyport middle school which festered and worsened as the year went on.. The worse of the problems included drug use and cyber-bullying. The widespread attitude from the teachers and school administration was to ignore the problems, try to get to the end of the year, and then hope it doesn't come back next year. Most parents are aware of the problems at the Newburyport Nock Middle School but many respond with the same attitude as the school administration, since many parents are planning to transfer their children to other schools, either private schools or school choice. Hence, the high rate of students who transfer after 8th grade. Many view this high transfer rate as a reflection on the Newburyport High School. When, in fact, it is reflective of the poor experience that children and parents suffered through in Grades 4 through 8.

I was a student here when I was in fourth through sixth grade. Now I'm a former student in eighth grade, who lives in Wells, Maine, and I still can't get over the horrible experiences I had at this school. I was bullied a lot at this school, and the teachers did nothing to help me. They wouldn't even believe me when I told them about what the other kids had done to me; they just told me that I shouldn't worry about it. When they did see it, they sat back and watched instead of intervening. The kids at this school are disrespectful and cruel, and I became severely depressed in sixth grade. The teachers are passive and they made me feel like my problems weren't important enough for them to help me with. I now have to go to counseling and take depression medication because of my experience here. Also, the education isn't all that great. The grading system is weak and it's too easy on the students. Also, the material they teach is lacking. When I moved to Wells, the material was so much harder than what I learned in Newburyport, and it shouldn't have been. I would never, ever recommend anyone to send their child to this school.

This is the second time through as a parent. And again, i find that the teachers fall way short in caring for the students, striving to help those who are struggling, and just plain being engaging towards them. Also, there is no communication with parents and they completely rely on the passive system of Snapgrades to inform parents of their kids' grades. After school help is available but not encouraged. The principal is wonderful -- but I'm not sure he is aware of how passive his teachers are. There are very few true educators in the school.

I absolutely love this school! It has everything that you would want your child to learn. It is the safest school I have ever been to, and the best. The teachers are nice, and take time to have the kids understand the work. I definitely recommend this school to anyone :D Sure, it's not perfect, but it's a great school, and your child would be lucky to go to it.

Last modified Rupert A Nock Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.