6-8 & Ungraded
Newton, MA

Bigelow Middle School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
The below parent must have a kid in 6th grade! I continue to be VERY DISAPPOINTED with BIGELOW. I wonder what this oarent will think next year and the year after. My kid is through Bigelow and I have to say that he wasn't well prepared for HS. Teachers don't understand kids that learn differently and academic support is homework club. There is no real skill development. Teachers beside the 6th grade teachers don't get or seem to like kids that learn differently. My experience has been very disappointing at Bigelow.

Bigelow Middle School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
I am very pleased with this school. The teachers care about the students learning and they have helped my son adjust to this new school very well and we are all very happy! :)

Bigelow Middle School 0

Posted May 22, 2009
I chose Bigelow Middle School based on reputation. I believe it no longer lives up to it. The standards were shockingly low, the principal leadership uninvolved, the teacher's aides poor and the teachers barely able to maintain discipline in the classroom. My daughter felt unsafe at times and no matter how much challenge work she asked for - it was given in a half-hearted way. The majority of the students were focused only on the social aspects and the school rarely demanded that they be otherwise.

Bigelow Middle School 5

Posted November 30, 2007

Bigelow Middle School 0

Posted August 02, 2005
BMS promotes high standards for the students, in academics and character development. The chore values are Respect, Responsibility and Love of Learning. Staff really care about the students. Parents are very involved in supporting academic programs and special programs such as visiting authors. There are a wide variety of extra curricular activities, including sports for all seasons, drama, music, poetry, games, etc. BMS is also a Vanguard model school. It is a very supportive environment. The Pupil Services staff do an outstanding job.

Bigelow Middle School
42 Vernon St, Newton, MA  02458
Last modified Bigelow Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bigelow Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top