Bad
Good

I am a student that has been in Countryside Elementary school from third to fifth grade and I just want to notify all parents that despite all other criticizing comments, Countryside is an amazing school. Unlike some other schools the teachers and staff are very helpful and welcoming. In Countryside I was able to reach out to absolutely anyone and I am currently in 8th grade unable to in my new school. Please notice all the good things because through everything all the good things outweigh the bad. They hold Hunger Banquets and have so many activities in which help other causes out in the world. Countryside is one of the best places for a kid to grow, learn and explore. Yes there might be bullying but notice that there are so many ways in which Countryside is trying to prevent that. I have switched schools over 16 times and the one school in which I truly felt like I belonged and felt like I truly learned not just about school subjects but also about the world and how to help the society we live in. One of the most important rules I have learned from Countryside is, "Treat others as you would want them to treat you." and to be honest I live by that motto. I truly recommend Countryside to any parents searching for a great school.

This school is great.Unlike what other reviews said,there is a kitchen and the teaching is great.They also have a perfect anti bullying system.The only thing is that the school could use some renovations.specifically bathrooms.

My son started at this school FEB 2013 in the 4th grade. Now he is in the 5th grade. This is a terrible school. The standards are low, the administration is overwhelmed and there is a lot of bullying. We paid $800K for our house to get this terrible school. If we had paid $1K we would have gotten Memorial Spaulding, a much better school. We are very very disappointed.

Great atmosphere! All teachers my son has was amazing! Especially love EEL program in there, very much personal attention to each student!

Despite what another review noted her about the premises, the premises here are fine. More importantly than what a school looks like is how they educate your children. The principal puts an emphasis on excellent teachers, and that has been my experience from grades K through 5. As for curriculum, the music program is excellent, as are other creative programs. The standard instruction (math and science) is also excellent, but I believe creative studies are equally important and this is where this school and Newton schools in general are way ahead. A strong emphasis on the creative arts, coupled with increased state funding for the arts means that Newton educates some of the most creative kids in the country.

Curriculum lags behind other schools in the area. psychological bullying is an issue and as early as 3rd grade kids are expected to be wearing A&F and Aeropostale. Kids without real Uggs are made fun of. The teachers are trying but the school is over crowded. The school doesn't have a kitchen so the school lunches are shipped in from outside, have to be purchased ahead of time, don't seem all that nutritious, and you can't go eat lunch with your child. Overall, I am not impressed with this school, but it satisfies the minimum qualifications. The building is very old and needs renovating badly.

This is a great school in a good neighborhood in MA. Teachers are excellent and experienced. Principal is highly supportive.

Seemingly good school in a fundamentally high acheiving school district. Could use renovation. My experience is staff could benefit from real diversity training. Cultural awareness goes a long way in being able to properly teach & respond to students-

I think Countryside is a very stong school in terms of curriculum, leadership and of course its teachers. The afterschool program is excellent!

Really old school premises. Poor afterschool program. A lot of 'school participation' hidden changes.

Last modified Countryside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.