Posted October 28, 2014
Brimmer is wonderful, happy place. To be frank - the adolescent world is like the wild west these days - kids compete in the conventional spaces of intellect, arts, and athletics; but also in the social media space. It seems there are few places left to explore, be true to yourself, and take chances. Brimmer remains such a place - in each small class you'll see jockey kids that go on to play at top tier colleges, artsy kids racking up Globe show awards, plays and musicals that involve every type of kid. Doing one's best, in whatever it may be, is alway celebrated. Writing is a major part of the curriculum; and a drop in writing center supports this effort. Dig deep, think critically and participate are concepts learned early. Brimmer and May is a place to become your authentic self.

Posted August 04, 2014
Brimmer and may is a super school in many, many respects. This is a community where everyone learns and respects each other, and individuality is appreciated.

Posted June 05, 2014
Brimmer and May is an incredibly well thought-out experience. The children are happy here and they learn without tears. They also learn respect and devlop character - something that will serve them well for their whole lives.

Posted April 13, 2014
Our child has been a student at Brimmer and May since kindergarten and the school continues to exceed our expectations. The focus on independent learning enables our child to excel academically. There is a strong sense of community among faculty, administration and families. The continuity of education from PreK to Grade 12 creates unique insights and opportunities both on an academic and personal level for students.

Posted February 21, 2014
Do you want your child to go to a school they love? Then Brimmer and May is the school for you.

Brimmer & May School 2

Posted July 15, 2013
If you are considering sending your child to Brimmer and May you might want to send them so place else. My child has been here for six years and yes has made many great friends,but sadly thats all. The academics are HORRID and would be better off sending them to Public School. When people say Brimmer and May they think "wow" But trust me it's no longer that way. I mean Look at their college acceptance rate. ITS A JOKE!!

Posted May 03, 2013
As a parent who has had experience of great schools in the UK, both private and public, as well as a top international school in Asia, Brimmer and May not only compared well but outshone them in many aspects. My children have attended Brimmer for three years and felt welcomed from day one. Our first good gut feelings about the school turned out to be well foundered. As we have got to know the school and understand the broad ranging opportunities offered here in more depth, we have only become more pleased with our decision to choose Brimmer. Outstanding strong points in my opinion are the high level of critical thinking and global awareness fostered in children. Tools which will serve students well. Exceptional faculty who bring their subjects alive and are always prepared to go the extra mile. A philosophy of life long learning is encouraged and modeled by the faculty. Accessible and approachable faculty. Head who has a clear understanding of the schools history and a great vision for it's future. Small class sizes allow for teachers to develop a child's strengths as well as identify and address any problem areas. Do yourself a favor, visit Brimmer and May & judge for yourself.

Posted October 21, 2012
I am a product of public schools all the way through graduate school. I have always been a huge supporter of public schools. But I have to say I am so happy to have my children switched to Brimmer and May. Small and interesting classes, caring teachers that promote independence and collaboration, school heads who aim to inspire and nurture, parents who care about the whole child, theirs as well as others... It's a great diverse community with strong focus on active learning. My children are thriving and I could not be happier.

Brimmer & May School 1

Posted January 09, 2012
I was a student there for half a year, I was bullied into the ground and I did not have to do any work for the good grades I received, the arts program is a joke and a lie so that parents are sucked in to spending way too much. I did not learn anything, everything that was taught was extremely basic for the grade i was in, and if you or your child does not fit in to the stereotypical popular crowd, you or your child will become an instant outcast. All you do is basically pay for your kid to get good grades, and you would be much better off sending a kid to brookline high school. the teachers there actually care if you do work or not. and that's a PUBLIC school.

Posted June 29, 2011
Brimmer and May is an exceptional school. We have been very, very pleased with our decision to send our children there. The school is the perfect combination of being on the cutting edge of education while maintaining a regard for the New England private school experience. The school has a strong arts program coupled with an international focus. Our children have had an outstanding education at Brimmer, but they have been able to thrive for other reasons as well. The school really develops the whole child: our children have performed in plays, learned a second instrument, delved into subjects from a variety of angles, and enjoyed a wonderful education. We are so pleased with Brimmer and May - we could not have found a better school for our children.

Brimmer & May School