School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At R.K. Finn Ryan Road School educators reflect upon our practice, support all students, and make improvements where needed. The principal loves working with teachers and staff to provide a learning environment that supports the emotional, behavioral, and academic needs of our students. Partnerships with families help are valued as a way to ensure the success of children. Teachers aim to foster curiosity, academic rigor, a love of learning, good health, and a joyful school experience.
July 09, 2015

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted July 09, 2015

We have had such a wonderful experience at Ryan Road school. The new principal has created such a healthy school environment, and she knows every child by name. There are weekly updates online to get a glimpse at what the kids are doing. From Kindergarten and up the children are taught to be kind and respectful, and the result is a caring community. We feel lucky to have had the chance to send our children to RKFRR.

Ryan Road is a wonderful school. The principal sets the tone for a caring, nurturing environment. She takes the time to know each child. The teachers are responsive and involved in the community. The school values nature, Responsive Classroom Curriculum, and outdoor play.

In first grade, my child was actually yanked out of a chair by a teacher at this school for helping a friend while the teacher was talking. Not only was my child hurt, but terrified to go to school. I wanted to switch classes, but they were eager to keep the incident hush-hush. After the teacher apologized to us, my child decided she did not want to be separated from friends, and stayed in the class.

I am 10 years old I go to this school in fifth grade and I went to natures classroom and I went home after 2 days and I went to school on the last day of natures classroom and my principal drove me all the way back to natures classroom! It's a great school! Great teachers,great office ladys and awesome kids!

Fantasitc school. They care about the 'whole' child. It is the last of the real 'community' schools. Parents are always welcome and teachers really care about their students. They have a great computer program and the librian is the 'tops'. Great School!!!

Ryan Road School has always been a great school, teachers, principals and janitors! My kids went there and my husband worked there!

I love RK Finn Ryan Road school - because we are a close net community!

Wonderful school, great teachers, great principal, parents are involved in all aspects of the school, kids love to learn here.

Last modified R. K. Finn Ryan Road is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.