Posted September 03, 2014
Amazing School. The outstanding well mannered, brilliant children are a testimony to the schools ability to teach children. I have never been so impressed with a school

Whitinsville Christian School 4

Posted February 18, 2013
I have two children in the elementary school. The things I love about WCS are the personal touches, relationships, and involvement for parents and for students. The open communication with teachers, administration, and even playground helpers keeps me feeling connected to my children and the experience they're having at school. This makes for an important feeling of partnership with the school.

Whitinsville Christian School 1

Posted February 11, 2013
Horrible! The kids were always talking so I couldn't focus in class. Most of the teachers were mean and if u were late to class, they would stand at the door and say "your late". And the reason I was late was because I was new and I didn't get a tour. Gym class was horrible. They were too competitive and would yell at you if you weren't fast enough. The principal (mrs. dykstra) was very nice. And a fiew of the teachers were very nice though. But over all, the school was too big and too packed and horrible. DONT GO HERE!!!

Posted February 10, 2013
An amazing school with a dedicated high school principal and student involved environment. This christian school works hard to provide for every students needs and push their students to reach their highest potential.

Posted February 05, 2013
What I like about Whitinsville Christian School is that teachers are involved in attending events in the community. It shows they care about our children not only as their students, but also whole beings. Oftentimes, as parents, we hear it is said that high school sports are more about bonding and being part of a team than actually playing the sport. Well, this year s WCS varsity volleyball team clearly drove that point home. Starting on day one of the season, these teammates, selected a cause to support - Breast Cancer Awareness. This emphasis did not in any way distract them from playing volleyball! They played well and they played hard, improving their skills and teamwork, but what was equally impressive to watch was the growing maturity of the girls off the court. Although each girl carefully chose a Bible verse for her team jersey, the phrase For God s Glory was displayed on all of them, with a focus on thanking God for wins, as well as for losses. WCS has strong academics, arts, music and sports and my husband and I feel extremely blessed to be part of this vibrant and God-seeking community.

Whitinsville Christian School 1

Posted December 20, 2012
Hated every moment here. Ruined my childhood. There were a few teachers that could be singled out as helpful, but even the best teachers were completely lacking in cosmopolitan knowledge and universal wisdom, completed blinded by a narrow US-Specific Evangelical worldview that rendered them incapable of anybody who didn't see the world through their pinhole spectrum. Although suicidally depressed during my final years here, I was never helped by any of the teachers, who had no idea how to handle a well-intentioned student whose mind had broadened beyond the scope of teacher's born, raised, and indoctrinated in Christian Reformed Theology (ie Myth, and very boring Myth with little relevance to the reality of the physical and incorporeal world around us). I came into my first years here very bright-eyed and in love with nature and the world, being brought up well by very loving parents. I left here depressed, empty, and scarred. The school had inherited a child of endless fascination with the world, and almost completely destroyed that child. Did I mention I didn't like it here?

Posted November 08, 2011
I am a graduate of WCS. I was there from 6th grade to 12th grade. I am now a parent of a student in WCS. WCS is a school and a community. There is an assumption that parents will be involved in their children's education and the process of pushing them to excel. Keeps us on our toes but I think this is a healthy objective. They push kids harder now than they did when I attended but even still I was more than prepared for my education at a private university. I had multiple classmates that were able to take AP courses at other schools in order to test out of some college courses. I was able to test out of courses without taking any AP courses. I have never known students to leave the school to pursue a higher academic standard, although I can't rule out that possibility. Every student that I know that left the school left for other reasons not related to academics. My son is now in the elementary school and the academic level there so far excels beyond the local public schools there is no comparison. I can't speak directly to the current high school education but I can say they have many more resources than what was available when I attended. Great school, great community!

Whitinsville Christian School 2

Posted May 05, 2011
This is a good school for the average student, Need help for you child this is not the place to be! Have a student who should be pushed to do more, teachers are happy to let that go.

Whitinsville Christian School 3

Posted January 21, 2010

Whitinsville Christian School 3

Posted April 05, 2009
There's a lot to love at WCS, but the high school academics are not great. Too small to offer honors classes in most of the core academics, so highly motivated students find themselves stuck with poor teachers in some classes, and apathetic classmates in most classes. I have seen many top students leave in frustration. The high school administration seems oblivious to this (even hostile on one occastion). Talk to the students who have left before enrolling a strong student at WCHS.

Whitinsville Christian School
279 Linwood Avenue, Northbridge, MA  01588
Last modified Whitinsville Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Whitinsville Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top