No rating

New Testament Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 106 students

NTCS is best known for our small class sizes, values and family environment..

Living in Norton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $254,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted May 14, 2014

My daughter loves going to school.She has developed friends from k-12 as all the kids seem to really like each other.The older kids really are great role models for the younger children.There are lots of after school offerings to partake in.The teachers here really care for the families here,and if someone is ill,prayers are always said.I can not say enough good things about the school.Families looking for a great education should look at New Testament as a great choice.

Posted March 20, 2014

My child get to do things at this school that he would not get to do at a large school. This school gives my child great opportunities to try things. It builds his confidence!

Posted November 20, 2013

This school is empowering. It is a supportive and nurturing environment from qualified Christian teachers that truly care for each child. They can be caught every morning in a back classroom, starting their day in prayer for their students. I have personally benefited by attending grades 7-12. I transferred here after attending a Catholic school and quite simply, there is no comparison. I went on to attend college and achieve a career. I was very well prepared in my education, values and morals. The school has made many positive changes since I attended. I choose to send my greatest blessing, my child, to this school because I want her to experience the joy, the safety, the blessing and the empowerment that this school is.

Posted August 8, 2013

My granddaughter attended NTCS until May of her third grade. She needed to leave the school because she had been bullied in second and third grade. The school administration were made aware numerous times. Her bag lunch was thrown to the floor and jumped on, her uniform was cut with scissors. The explanation we received was that they were kids and were together since preschool and they saw it as sibling conflicts. I find this unacceptable! The academics at the school were excellent, but that does not cancel out the damage bulling does. The tension and fright my grandaughter lived through ended her at Childrens Hospital with stomach issues, not to mention the psychological issues. If you enroll your child please believe what they say . Don't feel like we did that this would not happen or be allowed at a Christian School! Judy Davis.

Posted March 13, 2013

My son recently graduated from NTCS after completing 13 years at NTCS (he started in Kindergarten). He was well-prepared for college upon graduation. While in high school, he took advantage of the honors classes and dual enrollment program to propel him into college. He received a full scholarship to UMass where he is studying Business/Finance. The small class sizes, the dedicated caring staff really made a great impact on his life (and ours as a family). He has grown in his relationship with Christ and can defend his faith. He enjoyed participating in Soccer and Baseball. Participating in the science/academic fair each year while in junior and senior high school gave him confidence in public speaking . The teachers were not just teachers but became close friends. Our children spend six to eight hours a day with their teachers. It''s comforting to know that my child was spending his time with people who have the same values as me and will reinforce what is taught at home. Looking past the small building and limited extracurricular activities we found the perfect fit for not only our student, but our family. We love NTCS!

Posted July 15, 2012

Unfortunately, the school does not adhere to Christian values, and has no expectations that the students or staff behave any differently from any other school. The academics only focus on getting the work done and passing a test. Real learning and understanding by students is not a priority.

Posted January 10, 2012

Military Families: If you want a caring, supportive,challenging environment for your student, this is it. My daughter attended NTCS from grades 1-12.The love and dedication shown by teachers there every year was amazing. But the real impact on our family was the support and care shown to us during my husband's deployments to Iraq. Their acts of kindness and concern are too many to mention here but touched our family forever. The staff willingly stepped in as the "third parent" for our family during this time which included those tough early teen years. I knew that my daughter had many adults that she could rely on. I was confident that they would counsel her and support her in a way consistent with our family values. In her senior year, duty called my husband again and he could not attend her graduation. Once again the school stepped in providing a video recording of the ceremony that we sent overseas to him. They also included a special mention of him and his unit during the ceremony that didn't leave a dry eye with anyone This is a school that cares not only for the student, but for the family as a whole.That is something you will not find readily at any other school.

Posted June 10, 2011

I highly recommend NTCS to any parent looking for loving staff, and high quality academics! The senior class was stellar! Such leaders and so many of them received academic scholarships and awards! One quarter of the seniors received a full ride! This parent has not had one qualm about sending any of my children there from their first day of kindergarten through their high school years! The principal, teachers, advisors and even custodial staff are all invested in seeing children succeed academically and grow spiritually. They are dedicated, hard working and really, genuinely care about the kids. Amazing opportunities including chapel band, J-term classes that offer music, art, and integrate literature with other academic areas. They have unique field trips, including one where kids stayed at a Coast Guard station on the Cape for a week, as well as an overnight trip to the Museum of Science that I've never seen offered in any other place! The upperclassmen take their jobs as role models seriously, encouraging the younger kids. There is no place I'd rather see my children learn and grow-from the staff, as well as the other students! NTCS IS WELL worth the investment !

Posted May 25, 2010

The New Testament Christian School teaches--it does not brainwash. A family does not even have to be a Christian to have a child enrolled--this school focuses on each child, individually, and listens to the child as the unique individual they are. Upon graduation, you won't see cookie-cutter molded minds walking to get a standard diploma. Each child is understood for each gift they have, each child is allowed to spread their wings and grow and learn in a limitless learning environment--an environment where the children LEARN about themselves, LEARN the tools they need academically, LEARN from each other, and LEARN by being leaders who, then, teach others. The New Testament Christian School has a peaceful, nurturing environment (for all grade levels), where everyone isn't forced to "see" a world defined by others--it has an environment where each student SEES the world through their own eyes!

Posted February 24, 2009

The 2008/2009 school has been a complete mess. Too many new teachers in the elementary grades have made for much confusion. The Administration tries to catch and correct problems, but is either too late or fails at correction. Church leadership has faltered since the departure of Pastor Locke. This parent of 2 in the lower grades is sadly looking for alternatives.

Posted January 27, 2009

As a former student of New Testament, enrolled there K-12, I have no regrets at all about my education there. Although they may not have all of the extra curricular activities as offered at other schools, what the teachers and staff offer through their time and commitment to every student makes up for it. Every teacher on staff has a college degree, and are chosen because of their heart for Christ. They would stop class any day if a student needed someone to pray with or just cry to about whatever their struggling with. For me it was going to school with your family, where you were accepted for who you were and you were truly loved, not just another student number on an overwhelming list. I would wholeheartedly recommend this school and God has blessed me through my education there.

Posted December 4, 2008

Both of my children attended NTCS for grades kindergarten through twelve. Not only were my children well prepared for the college environment, but more importantly, they were prepared for the important decisions of life. The moral values that were instilled in them have helped them to become well grounded adults. Sending our children to NTCS was the right decision for our family.

Posted November 18, 2008

I go to NTCS and It's alright, I would have left a long long time ago, but I would miss my buds too much. Class sizes have dropped this year from20 to 13 and there aren't alot of New Students and the Teachers are sort of mean. (Not Mr Denault or Mr Todaro) They are really strict on uniforms like no sweatshirts (By the way its either hot or cold) The room smell like feet and they force religion on you. The school used to offer more activites too. I can't wait to graduate......Five more years. I don't recomend this school to anyone even though the elementry isn't that bad.

Posted June 20, 2008

As a former student, I look back at New Testament Christian School as the best decision my parents ever made for me. The attention that I received with regard to academics and growth in Christ was amazing to say the least. These teachers are nothing if they don't love their students. The abundance of after school programs and classes outside of your core curriculum is not there and that is a downside, but this school more than makes up for it by caring for its students. The uniforms are a good idea as it normalizes the social atmosphere and forces kids to exercise their personality and not their taste in fashion in order to make friends. As a side note, I graduated NTCS, went on to Northeastern University, graduated as an engineer, now gainfully employed, and active in my church community. I wholeheartedly attribute all of this to God and NTCS.

Posted February 25, 2008

Staff are there For the Love of Christ, and truly believe they are delivering a quality education.. Buyer Beware. Not accredited, most teachers do not have a college degree. Overcrowding in many grades. Test scores are low. Reconsider with a strong church program and homeschool or public school.

Posted March 1, 2006

I graduated from ntcs in 2004,I was @ ntcs from 3-6th grade & 9th-12th grade. I really like the school b/c of the small class sizes. The teachers are their if you need help w/ your studies or just need to talk.When I attended ntcs you got to know everyone @ the school & its like their part of your family. I left ntcs for 2 year.I didn't like public school b/c i thought there were to many kids in the class & you didn't get alot of help if you needed like @ ntcs. Once I returned to ntcs I did better in school. When mr.Taylor decided to get uniforms I thought I was a great idea.With uniforms you don't have to worry about the latest trends. Uniforms help in the classroom b/c your not ditracted by what other students are wearing,I would even send my own kids to ntcs
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 9, 2004

i am a student i do not like the choice mr. taylor the principal has made to make us wear uniforms and no dress down days instead we get blue jeans day where we can only wear jeans but we HAVE to wear the uniform shirt. and we not not have very many after school activities.the classes are small and i like that but we have only 1 building and and another building for the luch room and 1-kindergarten rooms.we have a very small student body and the seniors are in charge of the prom(9-12 grades only.

Posted February 23, 2004

I am impressed with the connection the teachers make with the students. My chrildren transfered from a public HS as average students and they are thriving as honor roll students. It has been a great year, the best choice they ever made.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 6%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Public
Homeschool
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 20% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 80% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 00% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Christian Colleges
State Colleges
Private Colleges
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:45 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • lcarvalho@newtestamentschool.org
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Advanced placement courses
  • College prep
  • Standards-based
  • online learning availalbe
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • French
  • Latin
  • online courses availalbe
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Creative writing
Media arts
  • Computer animation

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom