PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Kehillah Schechter Academy 2

Posted May 07, 2014
As an alum (the only one here so far), this school was a mixed experience. It had very nice staff, and I received a lot of personal attention and help when needed. Most of the teachers were very friendly, and the other kids were very nice. However, I didn't like the constant flood of religious activities we had to do, and some (not all) of the teachers weren't very tolerant of some views I expressed when they conflicted with the school's Jewish and Zionist curriculum. This is by no means saying that the school tries to suppress views that disagree with theirs as a general policy, but some teachers don't allow a full and constructive dialogue in the classroom at times, mostly during religious classes, or when discussing topics like Israel and expressing views that the teacher didn't agree with, or that goes contrary to the school's teachings. I would recommend this school if your child will proceed to a Jewish high school, or enjoys religious activities, but not if your child doesn't want a Jewish education, or hasn't gone to a Jewish school before.

Posted April 07, 2014
I must preface my review with a declarative sentence. I have high standards and was looking for an alternative to the cookie cutter education prevalent in public and private schools. The world is updating faster than textbooks are being written. The question I was looking to be answered was how will my children fit into the world they choose after college. I did not want boring to be viewed as accepting for their elementary years. I am not looking for the traditional classroom, teacher in front of blackboard, students in row after row of eyeballs trained to look interested, all the while their minds questioning "Why am I learning this?" KSA appears to be on the cusp on innovative thinking. The Heads of School are a scientist and a forward thinking Rabbi. Rereading this statement gave me pause to smile. Sounds like an odd combination, but again, I am looking for an out of the ordinary educational experience for my youngsters. The environment is certainly friendly, and I could feel comfortable leaving my children for the day. The classes are small- and something my family was looking for. Individualized learning is KSA's mantra, and I believe my children's needs would be served!

Posted April 07, 2014
This is a wonderful place where children with learning difficulties, or emotional/behavioral issues are accommodated with individualized instruction and assistance. The staff is very dedicated to working with each child and giving them all the resources needed for success.

Posted February 13, 2014
Kehillah Schechter Academy is as unique as it is amazingly awe inspiring. As any private school should be the education is top notch, as well as judaics. The difference though, it is the same wonderful education FOR ALL STUDENTS..they teach the WHOLE CHILD, as every child learns differently, each has the chance to be taught to their personal learning style..every student, not just the ones who need a little something extra. This is empowering to all students, young and old. It is also part of the piece that makes the school extra special..it has all the skills and style educationally of a private jewish day school but what puts it over the edge comes from that happiness, and joy from all the empowered students, compassionate teachers, they come together and create this amazing space to be in... which extends well beyond the classroom... you can feel it in the gym..on the playground, after school at dismissal...and the feeling extends home.... on playdates, we hear words and phrases watching our kids and their friends interacting with each in such a special way..almost as family... and thats what id say the big thing that makes KSA so special... its like one big fantastic family!

Posted October 21, 2013
KSA is a school like no other. The philosophy combining a perfect balance of secular, modern general education and Jewish studies and Hebrew are just the right mix for preparing children for the real world and higher learning. I am particularly impressed with the warmth and caring for our children. They truly care about each and every child as an individual and find ways to meet every child's needs, with extra help for some ande extra challenging projects for others. I love the feeling of community and family and I know that all teachers are educating my child, not just her own home room teachers. I cannot imagine any other school for my daughter.

Posted October 21, 2013
Kehillah Schechter Academy strives to deepen and broaden the educational experience by crafting skill-based, personalized goals for each student, encouraging collaboration through experiential learning and inspiring excellence in both education and Jewish living. Our goal is to inspire and empower our students to become thoughtful, collaborative, compassionate Jewish learners who skillfully solve problems, resolve conflict and excel as Jewish citizens of the world.

Posted October 21, 2013
KSA is a very special place with dedicated teachers & administrators. At one point all 3 of our kids were there. They are dramatically improving the school's curriculum, too.

Posted October 21, 2013
Kehillah Schechter Academy (KSA) strives to empower students of all ages to excel academically, socially and personally. As class sizes are relatively small, each student gets exceptionally individualized attention with personalized learning goals that address communication, social reasoning, empirical reasoning, quantitative reasoning and personal reasoning. Habits of mind that allow students to become resourceful, independent learners are continually embedded in lessons across the curriculum. As a parent, I am constantly amazed by the enthusiasm and care offered by all teachers and administrators. KSA is a fabulous school that provides a warm and caring environment complemented by high academic standards. I highly recommend KSA.

Posted October 21, 2013
My school is a warm caring community where the whole child is nurtured. I love that Jewish values are integrated into every aspect of the school community - from science to literacy, to arts and engineering.

Posted October 21, 2013
I highly recommend Kehillah Schechter Academy in Norwood, MA for any family looking for an outstanding, personalized approach to education. My children are in kindergarten and first grade. I am amazed by the individualized attention they receive and how much they learn each day. You must check out this school! Come join us!

Kehillah Schechter Academy
One Commerce Way, Norwood, MA  02062
Last modified Kehillah Schechter Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8