5-7 & Ungraded
Palmer, MA

Posted May 20, 2014
Essential autism services are unavailable. The other children and their parents are losers too. People in this town can't even drive down the road without swerving over the line. Tons of loud trucks, trackers, bikes and unleashed dogs.

Posted May 31, 2013
Looking for school choice out of cms. Top administration allows crazy parents to rule the roost because they have not guts to do the right thing. Our kids say the school principal can not be trusted. Getting out.

Converse Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
This school is going down the drain! No money being spent on kids or teachers but guess who gets their huge raise increases? Top top top and they do the least amount of work! Kids are crowed in small classes and teachers are burnt out.

Converse Middle School 2

Posted April 24, 2013
This year my child is attending the fifth grade and has been having some problems at school with other students being inappropriate and mean. I know it is hard for the teachers to keep parents posted on everything that goes on in the classes but there is a point where we as parents need information and phone calls. The grade 5 guidance counselor has contacted us on several occasions to keep us informed to the best of her ability. This is greatly appreciated. There is one counselor who has two grades of students to keep tabs on and she needs more help. The Vice Principal also seems overwhelmed with student behaviors and discipline. I think more help needs to step up to the plate here and help out. The team concept is only going to work if there is a cohesive team with a cooperative positive attitude.

Converse Middle School 3

Posted September 17, 2012
Before moving out to Palmer my son was a great student, he loved school. Now I have to force him out the door. We moved while he was in 5th grade and he had a very hard time adjusting to the middle school concept. Now in 6th grade I still see him having some problems as he does not look forward to the school days. I am not happy that the teachers do not keep you informed as to how the child is doing especially if their grades are suffering.

Posted March 17, 2012
I have not had positive experiences with administration here. The new Assistant Principal is very professional. The Principal not so much!

Posted June 06, 2010
I find the school to be lacking in extra help for the children in need. They offer extra help after school but do not focus on helping the children with homework and classwork that was not completed. They do not offer summer school which is a huge disappointment. The MCAS scores for this school are disappointing which also points to the poor teaching skills. It appears that someone needs to step in and get this school on track for a better future.

Converse Middle School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
Im a 3rd year student at CMS n I love it. sure it isnt wayyy high tech. but you can learn a lot from the teachers who are super-duper nice! 'give my school a 9 star out of ten! ( yuo're the best teacher ever, Mrs. Catherine Reed!')

Converse Middle School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
great results with limited resources...wonderful faculty.

Converse Middle School 3

Posted March 24, 2008
I am a student at CMS. It is okay but i need to be more challenged. The school could use more money to improve supplies and the actual building. Its my 2nd year here and the teachers i have met are very friendly. I'm glad to go to this school. Even if its not the best. Even though our school test scores are way below average there are some students who keep the scores up. Not all the students here don't do well on their tests. Don't judge the school by the scores. If your child is doing well in school they won't all of a sudden do bad when they move here. Just think about it. Would you not go to a school because some kids aren't as bright as others? I know I wouldn't have that attitude. Let your kids come here. It's just a school. Like any other.

Converse Middle School
24 Converse St, Palmer, MA  01069
Last modified Converse Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Converse Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top