6-8 & Ungraded
Peabody, MA
Students enrolled: 1,360

J Henry Higgins Middle School 1

Posted April 22, 2014
Teachers and principles sucked and were very unfair not prepared for high school even though got A's and B's at higgins

J Henry Higgins Middle School 1

Posted October 02, 2012
Higgins is good for 8th graders since the 6th and 7th graders look like bugs

Posted February 22, 2010
I went to higgins last year. It was the best.

Posted August 29, 2009

J Henry Higgins Middle School 4

Posted June 30, 2009

Posted January 06, 2009

Posted February 21, 2008
Higgins roxx! I am in 6th grade and I started going 2 higgins this year [obviously]. The teachers are great, theres not a lot of hw, and the exploratories are fun. Although I hate gym, the gym teachers are great. The size of the school was intimidating at 1st but I got used 2 it. I luvv the higgins...We rock!! -karina was here! (ps, ms. Irons [6th grade marlin teacher] is the best english teacher ever!)

Posted November 19, 2007

J Henry Higgins Middle School 4

Posted September 01, 2005
I am a former Higgins student(I just graduated 8 grade this year) and I love the school. The size and student population are intimidating at first but the school is great. The teachers are great and there are all sorts of clubs. When I first arrived at Higgins I was very ovewhelmed but the number of students is only a chance to meet different kinds of people and make a lot of friends. A lot of the teachers do give a lot of homework but there are a lot that give hardly any. I like that there is a difference between the teachers and the workload though. Higgins has classes that are for kids who have difficulty learning with the large number of other kids. It also provides special needs classes. The city should provide more for the school though.I also attended private school and I would rather go to Higgins.

J Henry Higgins Middle School 2

Posted May 06, 2005
I am not a big fan of this school. While I think the teachers and administration are doing the best that they can, they are not being supported by the city. There should be more than one middle school for this city. This is a crucial time in these children's lives. This is when they go through the most changes...physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. This school is just too big and often these children get lost in the system. I have seen the most brilliant of children do poorly simply because they were not given adequate support and time. My daughter has experienced back problems simply due to the amount of books she has had to carry..the homework load is unrealistic and I have seen that some of it is just 'busy work', not reinforcement of what she has learned in class. I give this school a thumbs down.

J Henry Higgins Middle School
1 King St Ext, Peabody, MA  01960
Last modified J Henry Higgins Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J Henry Higgins Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top