Bad
Good

Captain Samuel Brown 4

Posted September 01, 2005
I attended the old Brown School so I don't know much about the new one, only what my little brother has told me, but I think that this school is a pretty good. I don't approve of the large televisions in every classroom while the middle school only has 3-4 tvs on wheely carts but the teachers are wonderful. The academics are pretty good but I dislike the grading system they use. At the middle school they do it normally. I attended private school for 3 years and can tell you that the public school system is not much different. I would strongly suggest the public school because when I attende the private school, although the academics were pretty good, the students are incredibly mean. I had to return to public school because of the poor treatment I received. I would reccomend Samuel Brown.

Captain Samuel Brown 1

Posted February 15, 2005
This is a new school so the facility is wonderful. The grading system in Peabody is terrible, if you get 100% on tests you can not achieve a 4 which is like an A. This a peanut free school which also means no baked goods of any kind! They discourage having fun at their 10 minute recess, if they have indoor recess they would like the children to read or play chess something that requires little exercise, also quite time is the rule at lunch. My children have been at this school for the last 4 years and it has been less than average. I wish the staff didn't have to cave in to MCAS, it has been a less than average experience for my children. If you live in Peabody I would suggest going to a private school.

Captain Samuel Brown
150 Lynn Street, Peabody, MA  01960
Last modified Captain Samuel Brown is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.