Posted May 12, 2015
Our family relocated to the Boston North Shore last year. We were attracted to CCA for the Christian and Classical Education model and ultimately choose the school because of the obvious commitment the leadership had to real Christian values and high academic standards. From the very beginning, our children were welcomed with open arms by everyone at CCA. As a whole the student body is impressive in their openness and generosity to the new kids . I m certain their generosity is a product of the many wonderful families that are a part of the school, but also the high expectations our faculty, staff and leadership have of our students. CCA is truly committed to Christian and Classical Education, and it s everything we hoped for and more. Our children have been a part of 4 school system (3 private/1 public). All four were excellent schools with high standards. I can say without hesitation that this has been the best academic year that either one of our children have had. So even after we purchased a home in a public school district that is ranked at the very top of MA public schools, it was an easy decision to commit to CCA for the long term.

Posted May 11, 2015
The teachers care about your children through every grade. They genuinely want your child to succeed and will do all they can to help. As your child enters the Upper School (7-12) they encourage the students to seek help, but if you choose not too they won't let you slide through! You are a person to them and they work hard to know you. They believe in your child and work hard to help with their self esteem and teach them how to advocate for themselves. Seeing my children believe in themselves and push themselves to try new things and attempt positive risks are important to me as they head off for college. My children are well prepared for college and will excell beyond their dreams as they know how to think through things, how to ask questions, how to communicate through their strong writing skills and how to speak in groups and larger group settings.

Posted May 11, 2015
I am a member of the faculty at both CCA and an area college, where I teach incoming freshmen. Having taught more than one hundred and fifty college freshmen over the last four years, including many graduates of CCA, I can say without hesitation that CCA consistently graduates some of the most prepared, professional, and competitive students in the area, ready to thrive in whatever field they choose. The unique combination of robust curriculum, faithful community, and classical pedagogy CCA provides fosters personal and intellectual growth in a way that makes its students uniquely prepared to excel. I can't recommend the program enough.

Posted May 11, 2015
As a parent, who is also an educator, I can not say enough great things about CCA. The curriculum provides the perfect progression for students, allowing them to learn to read at an early age, and learn to LOVE learning. They follow a classical curriculum, which provides a basis in Grammar School and progressively gets more difficult, allowing them to learn the "why" in Middle School and to defend their thoughts and reasoning at High School. CCA provides a safe environment for kids where they can learn from loving teachers who believe in Christ and show that in everything they do.

Posted May 11, 2015
Being people of modest means, CCA is a financial commitment that my wife and I decided to make based on the integrity of the staff and administrators, the Christian community, the atmosphere of love and learning, standards by which everyone in the school (faculty or student) holds of themselves, and outstanding curriculum. We've had a child at CCA for three years now, and continue to make that financial commitment, sacrificing in other areas of our life because the value of this education and teaching is very much worth it. We now have two children at CCA. Our children feel safe and welcomed, challenged, encouraged, and loved at CCA. We have other options for our children's education, but the financial sacrifices we make is a testament to the value we receive at CCA. The faculty authentically cares about the well-being of each child under their care, care which extends well past classroom education. Our children are learning how to become young adults, with the highest moral standard based on God's love. Although we could send them to three or four other schools, we are blessed to be a part of the CCA community.

Posted May 11, 2015
We've been at CCA for 6 years and have loved it! We live in a great public school district but have chosen to keep our two daughters at CCA because the education they are getting is excellent, challenging and faith based. When they were younger I appreciated the way the teachers nurtured them and really took time to know them as individuals. As they get older we are loving the new skills they seem to learn at every turn both academically and socially especially entering into the 'tween' years. CCA let's them push their boundaries in an appropriate and safe place . CCA is a part of our lives - - we are there all the time as there are always events to attend and opportunities to be involved as our schedules allow. I want my children to be Christians who can make an impact in this world for good and I know that CCA is preparing them for that in the best possible way.

Covenant Christian Academy 1

Posted August 12, 2014
I was a student at this school for a year and a half. I have never been more harassed and miserable in my entire life. I was bullied every day at this school and nothing was done to prevent it. I would walk into the halls every morning shaking in fear of what would happen to me that day. When I ended up returning to my public school system, I was so far behind my peers in all of my classes because the academics at this school are terrible. I grew up in a Christian family and I have gone to church my whole life, and going to this school gave me every reason to not want to be part of any kind of Christian community ever again. I was picked on for being myself, and for how I looked and where I was from. I was sexually harassed by boys younger than me. Even teachers would belittle me for my appearance. I couldn't eat in the cafeteria without a classmate making a comment about my weight. I was also struggling with self harm and clinical depression at this time in my life, and I was not supported at all. I was teased and harassed. This school and the environment it fosters made me feel afraid and isolated.

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is wonderful. What they teach I did not learn till college. My daughter is in 9th grade and the first book they read was Homer's odessey. It was painful for her but, I have seen her grow in such a short period of time. There is no hiding in this school, they demand your best and nothing less. To be a critical thinker is the goal. This is money well spent. GO Cougars.

Posted March 28, 2012
This school is a Blessing. This school wants each student to succeed and do their best. This is one of the Best Schools in Essex County. This is a prep school with an education that prepares your child to think not just be a robot --spitting back what the teacher wants you to think so you can pass an MCAS exam. You think at CCA which so you are ready for the future. NO MCAS EXAMS HERE JUST LEARNING!!!

Posted January 19, 2011
For anyone looking for a superior education plus all the things that are missing in Public Schools regarding bringing children up in a respectful, caring, moral environment- this is the place. Both my husband and I are long time Public School teachers and support public education very much; but we would never trade the social, spiritual and moral development that they getting everyday at CCA. I know first hand that the education they are receiving is stronger than even the top ten district i have taught in. It takes an effort to get involved with parents as they come from all over- but the nature of the connection is quality and meaningful if you can take the time. It is an amazing feeling as a Christian parent to know that my children are being shaped not only to be excellent academically, but as a person as well.

Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, Peabody, MA  01960
Last modified Covenant Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Covenant Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top