Peabody, MA
Before care: Yes

Covenant Christian Academy 1

Posted August 12, 2014
I was a student at this school for a year and a half. I have never been more harassed and miserable in my entire life. I was bullied every day at this school and nothing was done to prevent it. I would walk into the halls every morning shaking in fear of what would happen to me that day. When I ended up returning to my public school system, I was so far behind my peers in all of my classes because the academics at this school are terrible. I grew up in a Christian family and I have gone to church my whole life, and going to this school gave me every reason to not want to be part of any kind of Christian community ever again. I was picked on for being myself, and for how I looked and where I was from. I was sexually harassed by boys younger than me. Even teachers would belittle me for my appearance. I couldn't eat in the cafeteria without a classmate making a comment about my weight. I was also struggling with self harm and clinical depression at this time in my life, and I was not supported at all. I was teased and harassed. This school and the environment it fosters made me feel afraid and isolated.

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is wonderful. What they teach I did not learn till college. My daughter is in 9th grade and the first book they read was Homer's odessey. It was painful for her but, I have seen her grow in such a short period of time. There is no hiding in this school, they demand your best and nothing less. To be a critical thinker is the goal. This is money well spent. GO Cougars.

Posted March 28, 2012
This school is a Blessing. This school wants each student to succeed and do their best. This is one of the Best Schools in Essex County. This is a prep school with an education that prepares your child to think not just be a robot --spitting back what the teacher wants you to think so you can pass an MCAS exam. You think at CCA which so you are ready for the future. NO MCAS EXAMS HERE JUST LEARNING!!!

Posted January 19, 2011
For anyone looking for a superior education plus all the things that are missing in Public Schools regarding bringing children up in a respectful, caring, moral environment- this is the place. Both my husband and I are long time Public School teachers and support public education very much; but we would never trade the social, spiritual and moral development that they getting everyday at CCA. I know first hand that the education they are receiving is stronger than even the top ten district i have taught in. It takes an effort to get involved with parents as they come from all over- but the nature of the connection is quality and meaningful if you can take the time. It is an amazing feeling as a Christian parent to know that my children are being shaped not only to be excellent academically, but as a person as well.

Covenant Christian Academy 4

Posted January 18, 2011
I have a child at the grammar school here and we are very happy with her progress. She is really mastering the "grammar" of her subjects, be it reading, writing or arithmetic. The program is beautifully structured for a variety of learning abilities. If you are thinking of home schooling, check CCA out first. Their classical curriculum is grounded in true history and great literature. The new music teacher is wonderful and the principal is excellent at mentoring and guiding her teachers and the program. I've enjoyed working with her and highly recommend the program--especially if you are concerned about the content the kids are learning in other schools.

Posted January 18, 2011
I have 2 kids at CCA and we are thrilled to have found this school. My kids are both happy and thriving in the classrooms of two of the best teachers I've ever met. I'm not kidding - I want to go back to school! They not only have a curriculum which encourages the kids to stretch and grow intellectually, they care for and nurture the emotional and spiritual well being of the kids. The Lower School Principal is one of the most gifted educators I've ever met and a terrific leader, constantly challenging her teachers to make improvements, to try new methods, to teach creatively, to give students extra help when required. i didn't know much about Classical Education before we started here, but now I'm sold. Teaching to mastery makes so much sense! This is the total package and we're so happy to be here

Covenant Christian Academy 1

Posted January 16, 2011
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE! This so called "school" is just awful. Period. They're very greedy and force too much on their students. Many students left during the '10-'11 school year within the first few months because of how badly the school is run. They are too much into personal lives of students and their families and are more concerned about their money and image than anything else. They don't know how to mind their own business and try to make you live your life how they want you to. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone. This school may say they have Christian values, but the only place it shows is in religion class. I and others that I know of are extremely disappointed in this tyrannical school.

Posted January 27, 2010
WOW! I have finally found a place that I know my children will have success! Not only is it a strong academics but they provide help for those children that may need a boost. They have a great music program as well! We have been so very pleased with all that our children are learning!!! I think everyone should give them a call and see what a Classical Christian Education is all about!

Posted December 07, 2009
CCA is a wonderful school to send your children to. It has the whole package for a high quality education! The school has just received it accreditation from NEASC. They have top academics, sports, and music in all the grade levels (pre-K - 12 . I strongly recommend that you give them a call and find out for yourself what makes Covenant Education a Great Education!

Covenant Christian Academy 4

Posted July 06, 2009
My son has attended CCA ever since kindergarten and we have nothing but praise for the school. It is geared to be an academically challenging program and this is clearly stated upon application for admission. I have found the teachers we've had to be creative, caring disciplinarians and when there have been issues, it has been dealt with swiftly and effectively. Every year when results from the standardized testing have come back, my son has scored consistently above average, verifying education goals are being met. After school programs are varied and the sport and music programs have excelled in competitions. I certainly hope no one bases their decision regarding the school based on one obviously disgruntled parent (noted previous review) Go see the school for yourself and talk with the administration.

Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, Peabody, MA  01960
Last modified Covenant Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Covenant Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top