K-4 & Ungraded
Pepperell, MA

Posted August 03, 2014
I pulled my son Out of another school after a Terrible experience.. He was nervous and so was I but This School Has given him So much confidence He Is Doing So well Academically Way above Grade average! We couldn't ask for more

Posted June 18, 2014
The team of incredible teachers at Varnum Brook are second to none. The positive impact they had on transforming our son's view of school is priceless. Compassion, kindness and respect for students at this school is consistent and genuine. I heard great things before arriving to this school and they were all accurate. A smile goes a long way when kids look up at the faces of teachers and they are abundant at Varnum Brook. Thank you for your service to our community!

Varnum Brook Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2012
This school failed our son... We choiced out our son to Varnum Brook from a nearby town based on the previous excellent MCAS scores attributed to this school system. Our son had great difficulty in this school and seemed to have been "lost in the system". We were very involved parents and met or communicated with the teachers daily/weekly, but his grades averaged in the C's with great difficulty and overall anxiety about his grades. It seemed like we were fighting the teachers and staff each week to get more attention to our sons "learning difficulties". We have since choiced in our son back to his original school system (page hilltop, ayer). He is now doing fantastic with an A average (some B's mixed in)... he is now extremely happy to go to school again and loves the teachers who seem far more invested in his learning and overall well being. What a difference leaving Varnum Brook behind has made in our son's overall success.

Posted March 24, 2010

Posted November 17, 2009
kids are getting a good eduication, teachers work very hard. Leadership is not wonderful. Since recent school consolidation the district does a whole lot with not much money. Structural building needs improvement and updates. Playground not ideal for age group, fencing is a much needed safety issue, and parking is horrible.

Varnum Brook Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2008
My children starte at Varnum Brook this year. I am very happy with the principal - he is very open to communication with parents and truly seems to care about the families in the school community. They are working on some new programs this year - which include combining classes to break the children into math and reading groups so that children who are advanced in an area can continue to advance and children who need help can work at a slower pace - I like the fact that if a child is struggling with a certain aspect they can be moved between groups to continue to build confidence and strenght in the specific areas of math and reading. The teachers are also very open to communication between home and school and I do feel like I am a welcome part of my childrens education.

Posted May 15, 2007
I have had a daughter at Varnum Brook for two years now. She has done well, and likes school for the most part. Her curriculum seems ok, but could be more challenging. I don't see the principal of the school as a positive, she is not overly involved with the kids or parents, but is leaving this year. I hope to get someone into that role that brings inspiration to our teachers, kids, and community. My daughters two teachers have been outstanding and she has enjoyed them thoroughly. There tend to be a lot of clicks with the kids, which is a shame. I feel that there is a lot of room to improve Varnum Brook, and hope new leadership will do just that.

Posted February 01, 2006

Varnum Brook Elementary School
10 Hollis St, Pepperell, MA  01463
Last modified Varnum Brook Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Varnum Brook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top