K-5 & Ungraded
Pittsfield, MA

Posted August 25, 2013
My son is going in to 2nd grade and I feel that his short time at Egremont has been fantastic. He is learning so much everyday while the faculty manages to also balance his days with tons of fun and nurturing. My youngest son is 4 and i can not wait until he can join his brother for this amazing education . I feel blessed that this is the school my boys attend.

Posted August 21, 2010
Egremont is an excellent school, however I am not impressed with their Summer reading and writing program. They expect the children after a very intense school year to write 10 essays over the Summer, read 800 min., and complete 2 math worksheets by the start of school. I understand some work to retain knowledge over the break, but can anyone say overkill? Once again are we doing this for the kids or are we doing this to score high on the MCAS? Children are only young once, let them play tag and chase fireflies.( It is my understanding that in Middle school and High School they don't give 1/2 the Summer work, go figure?)

Posted August 13, 2007

Posted May 30, 2007

Posted January 02, 2007
The BEST elementary school in Pittsfield! Terrific principal, caring teachers and involved PTO!

Posted April 10, 2006
Egremont is the most wonderful school in pittsfield! we actually were there for k-1 then had to move for family reasons, within 2 years i had to get back in egremont district because the other school was terrible in comparison! mrs. Narvaez is a wonderful principal and all the teachers truly love their students! even the cafeteria ladies are great! i will definately miss it when my children graduate!

Posted October 10, 2005
There are great teachers here! However, there is not much help at all for 'at risk' children! They have extracurricular activities and music available but you need to go to outside orginazations for sports. There is a lot of parental involvement, infact they expect it. Overall it is a good school but there are better schools in Pittsfield with more help available for students.

Posted February 15, 2005

Posted May 07, 2004
Egremont is the best elementary school ever! I went there when I was a child and it's gotten even better today. I have two childen there and they both learn so much everyday. Two thumbs up for Egremont School!

Egremont
84 Egremont Ave, Pittsfield, MA  01201
Last modified Egremont is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Egremont Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top