PK-5 & Ungraded
Pittsfield, MA

Posted August 16, 2013

Posted July 15, 2010
Morningside is a fantastic school that gets a bad rep. because of the neighborhood it is in. Once you enter the school and meet its teachers and principal, you instantly know they take your child's education very seriously. My child is receiving an incredible education there.

Posted January 11, 2009
Overall, hard working staff. Some slackes who do not believe inthe kids and often complain about kids family and community. Principal recently changed. I am Hoping new guy is nore professional/ compentant than the last one. School gets a bad rep but truely is a good place. My kids did well there. few bad apples ( staff) but hopefully new administration will change all that.If staff does not believe... just leave!

Posted January 10, 2009
My daughter went to this school for 7 years (pre k - 5th) ! These are the best teachers I have ever me in my life! Even though the neighborhood is is a very bad location.

Posted November 08, 2007
Being new to the neighborhood I was a bit worried. I found that the teachers are great with the kids. My children are very happy with their new school. My main concern is how the rest of the neighborhood feels. It would be a huge improvement if more of the community were involved with their school but overall I am happier than I though I would be. More active involvement from the parents would be a great benefit to the community, the school, and most importantly, the children.

Posted September 20, 2007
Morningside is unfortunately in a very rough neighborhood. I was happy with the education my daughter received at the kindergarten level and it has been down hill from there. I am most disappointed with the lack of communication between the classroom and the home. Also, the school is still failing to make adequate yearly progress. As a whole I feel the school has long since stopped believing in itself and the students that attend.

Morningside Community School 3

Posted October 14, 2004
- a former student
The teachers there were wonderful and I met many good kids there, but the neighborhood is a bit rough.

Morningside Community School 4

Posted September 13, 2004
Well I'm not a parent. I used to be a student here (still in education in UK) It was the best school I have ever been to.

Morningside Community School
100 Burbank St, Pittsfield, MA  01201
Last modified Morningside Community School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morningside Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top