Bad
Good

Williams 3

Posted May 30, 2007
Some teachers are very old school and mean. Outside enrichment is definitely a must if your child attends this very old fashioned school. On the plus side some of the teachers are very caring. However, the whole staff could use more creative approaches. I also found the special ed services to be lacking.

Posted January 25, 2007
I attended Williams Elementary from 1st grade through 5th grade, I loved Williams. The teachers were great and the principal is the best! I did not have any trouble adjusting to Middle School, I was prepared by my 5th grade teachers. Williams has a peace team that helped teach me peer mediation. I will use the skills I learned throughout my life.

Posted January 24, 2007
The staff at Williams Elementary is top notch. The administrators, teachers, and support staff provide our students with a safe, nurturing and academically rich environment. Well done to all!

Posted January 24, 2007
I have 5 children who have been/are being educated at Williams. It is a great school. The teachers are highly skilled and have always been wonderful in communicating progress and/or concerns to us in a timely manner. There is a strong PTO. Good arts and music enrichment. The principal has been an invaluable resource to us as parents. She is approachable and responsive. My 3 older children had an easy transition into middle/high school because of their roots at Williams.

Posted January 24, 2007
As a parent of children with special needs I cannot be anymore positive about the experience my family has had with Williams. The faculty and administration have been extremely sensitive and accommodating in assessing and meeting my children's needs. We found the school climate accepting and nurturing. It is very much a family atmosphere. Academic expectations are very high at Williams. Teachers expect and get a lot from their students. We have found that our children who have graduated from Williams have been more than adequately prepared for the rigors of middle school. Given the choice, we would not choose any other school for our children. We have been very happy with our experience at Williams and would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering moving into the Pittsfield area.

Posted January 24, 2007
I couldn't be happier - my children are thriving and happy. I find ALL staff to be professional, approachable, and friendly. As a former teacher, I am very picky. It's very easy to be as involved as you want to be. Volunteers are welcomed. The science teacher is especially wonderful. We moved into this neighborhood because of the Williams' reputation and have been completely satisfied.

Williams 2

Posted January 02, 2007
Principal very hard to deal with. After 1 year there I pulled both my children out and went to a loving, friendly, supportive school down the street. If you child needs any special help, you will find no support here. I really tried my best to be involved and helpful but to no avail.

Posted May 25, 2006
Best elementary school in area. Motivated and caring teachers. Constantly striving for excellence. Strong PTO. Good communication. If you are relocating to this area this school is your best bet. Small class size. Feels like a private school.

Posted January 21, 2005
Williams is a great asset to the community. My children absolutely love to go to the school every day. It has the most wonderful and caring principal in the district. All of the staff have been very good to my children.

Williams
50 Bushey Road, Pittsfield, MA  01201
Last modified Williams is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.