Bad
Good

Some teachers are very old school and mean. Outside enrichment is definitely a must if your child attends this very old fashioned school. On the plus side some of the teachers are very caring. However, the whole staff could use more creative approaches. I also found the special ed services to be lacking.

I attended Williams Elementary from 1st grade through 5th grade, I loved Williams. The teachers were great and the principal is the best! I did not have any trouble adjusting to Middle School, I was prepared by my 5th grade teachers. Williams has a peace team that helped teach me peer mediation. I will use the skills I learned throughout my life.

The staff at Williams Elementary is top notch. The administrators, teachers, and support staff provide our students with a safe, nurturing and academically rich environment. Well done to all!

I have 5 children who have been/are being educated at Williams. It is a great school. The teachers are highly skilled and have always been wonderful in communicating progress and/or concerns to us in a timely manner. There is a strong PTO. Good arts and music enrichment. The principal has been an invaluable resource to us as parents. She is approachable and responsive. My 3 older children had an easy transition into middle/high school because of their roots at Williams.

As a parent of children with special needs I cannot be anymore positive about the experience my family has had with Williams. The faculty and administration have been extremely sensitive and accommodating in assessing and meeting my children's needs. We found the school climate accepting and nurturing. It is very much a family atmosphere. Academic expectations are very high at Williams. Teachers expect and get a lot from their students. We have found that our children who have graduated from Williams have been more than adequately prepared for the rigors of middle school. Given the choice, we would not choose any other school for our children. We have been very happy with our experience at Williams and would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering moving into the Pittsfield area.

I couldn't be happier - my children are thriving and happy. I find ALL staff to be professional, approachable, and friendly. As a former teacher, I am very picky. It's very easy to be as involved as you want to be. Volunteers are welcomed. The science teacher is especially wonderful. We moved into this neighborhood because of the Williams' reputation and have been completely satisfied.

Principal very hard to deal with. After 1 year there I pulled both my children out and went to a loving, friendly, supportive school down the street. If you child needs any special help, you will find no support here. I really tried my best to be involved and helpful but to no avail.

Last modified Williams is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.