No rating

Miss Hall's School

Private | 9-12 | 190 students

Posted April 18, 2014

They have some very good teachers but administration has gone way downhill.Very high turnover. Hopefully new head of school can turn things around.

Posted October 1, 2013

My daughter has been a student at MHS for the last two years. I think that it is a wonderful and supportive environment. That being said it is a prep school in a working class town. They do not have the sophistication or the desire to bring in diverse talent to the school but prefer to stay with the tried and true which over time will put a wonderful school at a disadvantage... They should be willing to move away from stereotypical thinking and using diverse girls as "projects", to make them look good to outsiders -- when the fact remains that they have a long way to go to have the faculty match and balance the girls that attend and being more cutting edge in terms of organizational techniques and practices.

Posted May 24, 2013

The majority of the teachers there are abosolutely helpful and nice. I have talked to them on family weekends, and they showed me how the classes and grading system worked. I know that cliques are definitely common for high schools, but I feel like the diatance between boarders and day students are far apart(my daughter is a day student). She told me that it was kind of hard to experience what her friends had been experiencing. My daughter is graduating next year, however, I found out that the college acceptance rate is not as good as I expected.

Posted June 29, 2009

This school is absolutely great. I have completely found my niche. I have found myself persuing things that I have never thought about. They encourage you to try new things and not be afraid to put yourself out there in a positive way. The teachers care about the students and want to see them suceed. The other students are the same way. I know that there are people rooting for me around every corner and in every aspect of my life. I can't imagine a better place to go to high school.

Posted January 8, 2009

Academically . . . outstanding. Leadership skills . . . outstanding What an amazing school, I am so impressed with the leadership skills my daughter learned at Miss Halls. Now that the college apps are in and we wait, I cannot help but think she would not be applyiing to the level of schools she is without the gentle guidance from Miss Halls in all aspects of her self.

Posted August 5, 2008

Although I grew up about five miles away from Miss Hall's, I never thought that it was the school for me. I looked at high schools all over the place and MHS was the last one I looked at. I was given a tour, and I fell in love with it. I applied, interviewed, and was accepted. I have just finished my Freshman year there and I couldn't be happier. I have truely found where I belong. I have had the oportunity to try many different things, such as volleyball, vocal ensemble, and Spanish. The teachers are unbelievably encouraging and knowlegable. I have also made friends that will last for the resst of my life. I recomend Miss Hall's for any girl who wants to get a good education, try new things, improve the skills that they already have, and have fun.

Posted July 7, 2008

Coming from a small public school I was attracted to the small school setting, with the average class size here at 12 students, everyone knows everyone s name. Most of my classes don t have a back row; class participation is a key aspect of Miss Hall s academics. The all-girls environment showed me how to come out of my shell with and raised my confidence. Now I ve grown into an enthusiastic outgoing girl and my goals aim for the stars. Miss Hall s allowed me to see my athletic ability when I tried soccer, ski team, and lacrosse. I ve fallen in love with film photography and I take my camera everywhere with me. Miss Hall s puts you up to a challenge that you cannot refuse. You excel at whatever you do, you discover your strengths and weaknesses, and learn more about yourself everyday. I wouldn t change my experience at Miss Hall s for anything.

Posted June 18, 2008

As a recent 2008 graduate of Miss Hall's, I cannot say enough to encourage other girls to look into this amazing school. As I looked out into the audience on graduation day I saw faculty members who for years had been there supporting, and encouraging me, acknowleding me for my strengths and helping me with my weaknesses. Throughout the stressful college application process, they had been there with advice and beautiful reccommendations. I looked alongside me to girls who had become like sisters, and who I knew would be a part of my life long into the future. This school opened doors for me, and introduced new opportunities that I previously could have only dreamed about.

Posted August 23, 2007

Miss Halls I'm sure could be a wonderful school, but unfortunaly Miss Halls seems to care more about their image than they do about turning and helping girls from all aspects of life grow and change. Its very discouraging when only a chosen few girls, are offered to be tour guides. Or only certain students were asked to be in the school brochure, which were the ones who had the squeaky clean image they were looking for. I should also mention that as in every school there are cliques, which is to be expected. But never have been part of a school where faculty as been part of it. I've heard faculty say horrible things about other students. Miss Halls has great qualities but I thought that I should mention these things

Posted July 13, 2007

Coming to Miss Hall's as a freshman i was amazed at all that the school ahd to offer. From the sports, to the academics, to the weekend activities, there is something for everyone. I love this school. Even as a day student I find that i spend a lot of time here and that only makes me feel more involved and I get to develop friendships with people who i didn't think I would. Everyone here is so nice, I've meet people from all over the world and have learned things not only from my classes but also from the students. I only wish that I could spend more time here, even though i still have 3 more years to go. I wouldn't trade my opportunity and experiences at Miss Hall's for anything.

Posted July 11, 2005

I have been here for two years (I came as a freshman) and I intend on being a four year senior. I can't wait for the privileges and traditions like senior show and lounging in the senior garden. While at MHS I have made such good friends that I can't imagine my life without them. We only have two more years of hall parties, studying for finals together, and sneaking into each other's rooms after in-room time. Academically, this school has everything to offer. You can take the basic classes, including awesome art classes, get help from the ASC, or challenge yourself with honors or AP classes. I know I could go to another school and get perfect grades, but taking hard classes here and really working is more satisfying. Going to MHS, and staying here, is a hard choice, but it's the right one.

Posted March 6, 2005

I left this school because of serious hazing taking place at MHS. I turned my roommate in for using drugs in our room and was subsequently harassed by many girls - in my own room. I have never felt so unsafe, and the person in charge of life in the dorms was not sympathetic at all. Aside from that, my teachers were amazing - my French teacher tutored me in her apartment and my math teacher took me home with her. Help was always available whenever I needed it and there was always someone I could talk to. I think as long as one doesn't 'rock the boat' so to speak, this school is an amazing place to be. I just felt that no matter how great an education I was receiving the way those girls acted was absolutely inexcusable and they were not punished as they should have been.

Posted October 25, 2004

I love Miss Hall's. As a day student who lives nearby I'm almost always at school, not at home. I get along with all my teachers and I plan on visiting them next year after I've started college. I'm friends with so many underclass women and with girls from other countries. Whenever I need help on an assignment I just approach my teacher, tell them I need help understanding, and we organize a meeting time. I play sports all three seasons of the year and I still find time to participate in many clubs and be in the play and maintain good grades. I love traditions and MHS has a lot of them, so you feel like you're part of the community, not just alone. When you do well on something everyone congradulates you and makes you feel great. You're encouraged to do your best and to be confident in yourself.

Posted August 27, 2004

One of the best decisions I ever made was to attend MHS. I am now starting my senior year and am so happy to be back in the community that I call home. The teachers are not only high quality, but they also are incredibly helpful and truly care about you. There are so many times when a faculty member has sought me out to talk about class or life in general. The academics are challenging, but they will prepare you for whatever you do in the future. Also, the school is very diverse so I had the oppurtunity to meet many new people and learn how to get along through differences. I love this school and suggest that all should look into attending.

Posted August 18, 2004

Current student entering third and senior year at MHS, applied for sophomore year late in the summer, still received excellent financial aid. Academics are rigorous, but readily given help from teachers who are always around (many live on campus) make it easier to deal with. There is a large day student and international contingent at MHS which gives much needed diversity and helps remove cultural and societal barriers. There is no stereotypical MHS student nor is preferential treatment given. You can make what you want from your time here, if you put the effort in, it will show. Independence and authenticity are big. Extracurriculars are great, sports are getting better every year. Clubs are easy to start. You will know every girl in school. Bottom line: MHS will help you get to where you see yourself in 20 years. It will require work, but you will be supported by everyone.

Posted August 17, 2004

Having graduated from Miss Hall's School, I'm happy to say that my experience was one of positive, intellectual growth. The teachers are first rate and the curriculum is challenging. MHS also offers an innovative internship and community service program which is unique and exciting. MHS definitely prepared me college and for a life of great purpose. In addition to a fantastic academic experience, I met wonderful friends and mentors with whom I am still in contact.
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 37% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab