Pittsfield, MA

Miss Hall's School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
They have some very good teachers but administration has gone way downhill.Very high turnover. Hopefully new head of school can turn things around.

Miss Hall's School 3

Posted October 01, 2013
My daughter has been a student at MHS for the last two years. I think that it is a wonderful and supportive environment. That being said it is a prep school in a working class town. They do not have the sophistication or the desire to bring in diverse talent to the school but prefer to stay with the tried and true which over time will put a wonderful school at a disadvantage... They should be willing to move away from stereotypical thinking and using diverse girls as "projects", to make them look good to outsiders -- when the fact remains that they have a long way to go to have the faculty match and balance the girls that attend and being more cutting edge in terms of organizational techniques and practices.

Miss Hall's School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
The majority of the teachers there are abosolutely helpful and nice. I have talked to them on family weekends, and they showed me how the classes and grading system worked. I know that cliques are definitely common for high schools, but I feel like the diatance between boarders and day students are far apart(my daughter is a day student). She told me that it was kind of hard to experience what her friends had been experiencing. My daughter is graduating next year, however, I found out that the college acceptance rate is not as good as I expected.

Posted June 29, 2009
This school is absolutely great. I have completely found my niche. I have found myself persuing things that I have never thought about. They encourage you to try new things and not be afraid to put yourself out there in a positive way. The teachers care about the students and want to see them suceed. The other students are the same way. I know that there are people rooting for me around every corner and in every aspect of my life. I can't imagine a better place to go to high school.

Posted January 08, 2009
Academically . . . outstanding. Leadership skills . . . outstanding What an amazing school, I am so impressed with the leadership skills my daughter learned at Miss Halls. Now that the college apps are in and we wait, I cannot help but think she would not be applyiing to the level of schools she is without the gentle guidance from Miss Halls in all aspects of her self.

Miss Hall's School 3

Posted August 21, 2008

Posted August 05, 2008
Although I grew up about five miles away from Miss Hall's, I never thought that it was the school for me. I looked at high schools all over the place and MHS was the last one I looked at. I was given a tour, and I fell in love with it. I applied, interviewed, and was accepted. I have just finished my Freshman year there and I couldn't be happier. I have truely found where I belong. I have had the oportunity to try many different things, such as volleyball, vocal ensemble, and Spanish. The teachers are unbelievably encouraging and knowlegable. I have also made friends that will last for the resst of my life. I recomend Miss Hall's for any girl who wants to get a good education, try new things, improve the skills that they already have, and have fun.

Posted July 07, 2008
Coming from a small public school I was attracted to the small school setting, with the average class size here at 12 students, everyone knows everyone s name. Most of my classes don t have a back row; class participation is a key aspect of Miss Hall s academics. The all-girls environment showed me how to come out of my shell with and raised my confidence. Now I ve grown into an enthusiastic outgoing girl and my goals aim for the stars. Miss Hall s allowed me to see my athletic ability when I tried soccer, ski team, and lacrosse. I ve fallen in love with film photography and I take my camera everywhere with me. Miss Hall s puts you up to a challenge that you cannot refuse. You excel at whatever you do, you discover your strengths and weaknesses, and learn more about yourself everyday. I wouldn t change my experience at Miss Hall s for anything.

Posted June 18, 2008
As a recent 2008 graduate of Miss Hall's, I cannot say enough to encourage other girls to look into this amazing school. As I looked out into the audience on graduation day I saw faculty members who for years had been there supporting, and encouraging me, acknowleding me for my strengths and helping me with my weaknesses. Throughout the stressful college application process, they had been there with advice and beautiful reccommendations. I looked alongside me to girls who had become like sisters, and who I knew would be a part of my life long into the future. This school opened doors for me, and introduced new opportunities that I previously could have only dreamed about.

Miss Hall's School 2

Posted August 23, 2007
- a former student
Miss Halls I'm sure could be a wonderful school, but unfortunaly Miss Halls seems to care more about their image than they do about turning and helping girls from all aspects of life grow and change. Its very discouraging when only a chosen few girls, are offered to be tour guides. Or only certain students were asked to be in the school brochure, which were the ones who had the squeaky clean image they were looking for. I should also mention that as in every school there are cliques, which is to be expected. But never have been part of a school where faculty as been part of it. I've heard faculty say horrible things about other students. Miss Halls has great qualities but I thought that I should mention these things

Miss Hall's School