Pittsfield, MA

Posted August 20, 2015
The school seems to be changing and only in positive ways. People I have met who work at the school or who have daughters that attend Miss Hall's always have interesting things to say. The building project is exciting!

Posted July 31, 2015
Great teachers, great students, great academic education. Great environment for students. Bullying from some administrators an issue though. There is high turnover among faculty and staff. Not a relaxed work environment. Work-life balance not great.

Posted July 28, 2015
The teachers at Miss Hall's are a wonderful group of liberal-minded, hard-working professionals. However, bullying from administration to teachers and staff is an issue. There is high teacher and staff turnover. I would not recommend this school to job-seekers looking for a relaxed work environment.

Posted April 18, 2014
They have some very good teachers but administration has gone way downhill.Very high turnover. Hopefully new head of school can turn things around.

Miss Hall's School 3

Posted October 01, 2013
My daughter has been a student at MHS for the last two years. I think that it is a wonderful and supportive environment. That being said it is a prep school in a working class town. They do not have the sophistication or the desire to bring in diverse talent to the school but prefer to stay with the tried and true which over time will put a wonderful school at a disadvantage... They should be willing to move away from stereotypical thinking and using diverse girls as "projects", to make them look good to outsiders -- when the fact remains that they have a long way to go to have the faculty match and balance the girls that attend and being more cutting edge in terms of organizational techniques and practices.

Miss Hall's School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
The majority of the teachers there are abosolutely helpful and nice. I have talked to them on family weekends, and they showed me how the classes and grading system worked. I know that cliques are definitely common for high schools, but I feel like the diatance between boarders and day students are far apart(my daughter is a day student). She told me that it was kind of hard to experience what her friends had been experiencing. My daughter is graduating next year, however, I found out that the college acceptance rate is not as good as I expected.

Posted June 29, 2009
This school is absolutely great. I have completely found my niche. I have found myself persuing things that I have never thought about. They encourage you to try new things and not be afraid to put yourself out there in a positive way. The teachers care about the students and want to see them suceed. The other students are the same way. I know that there are people rooting for me around every corner and in every aspect of my life. I can't imagine a better place to go to high school.

Posted January 08, 2009
Academically . . . outstanding. Leadership skills . . . outstanding What an amazing school, I am so impressed with the leadership skills my daughter learned at Miss Halls. Now that the college apps are in and we wait, I cannot help but think she would not be applyiing to the level of schools she is without the gentle guidance from Miss Halls in all aspects of her self.

Posted August 05, 2008
Although I grew up about five miles away from Miss Hall's, I never thought that it was the school for me. I looked at high schools all over the place and MHS was the last one I looked at. I was given a tour, and I fell in love with it. I applied, interviewed, and was accepted. I have just finished my Freshman year there and I couldn't be happier. I have truely found where I belong. I have had the oportunity to try many different things, such as volleyball, vocal ensemble, and Spanish. The teachers are unbelievably encouraging and knowlegable. I have also made friends that will last for the resst of my life. I recomend Miss Hall's for any girl who wants to get a good education, try new things, improve the skills that they already have, and have fun.

Posted July 07, 2008
Coming from a small public school I was attracted to the small school setting, with the average class size here at 12 students, everyone knows everyone s name. Most of my classes don t have a back row; class participation is a key aspect of Miss Hall s academics. The all-girls environment showed me how to come out of my shell with and raised my confidence. Now I ve grown into an enthusiastic outgoing girl and my goals aim for the stars. Miss Hall s allowed me to see my athletic ability when I tried soccer, ski team, and lacrosse. I ve fallen in love with film photography and I take my camera everywhere with me. Miss Hall s puts you up to a challenge that you cannot refuse. You excel at whatever you do, you discover your strengths and weaknesses, and learn more about yourself everyday. I wouldn t change my experience at Miss Hall s for anything.

Miss Hall's School