9-12 & Ungraded
Plymouth, MA
Students enrolled: 1,381

Posted June 02, 2014
You will get out of this school what you put into it. Academics are important in our family so my children have excelled. My oldest just took his SAT's and scored a 2020. Separately he took the chemistry subject test and scored 760 out of 800. If you want to do well here you can. Teachers are helpful, administration is supportive and sports are generally inclusive. An overall pleasant place to be.

Plymouth South High School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
I am a student here, and from my own expirience I can say that attending this school was the biggest waste of 4 years that I have ever gone through. The building itself is in shambles, the heating/ac only works half the time, the ceiling tiles are falling out, and the water from the fountains is almost undrinkable. On top of that, the school just spent thousands on new technology, without alloting any money to its already underfunded vocational program. On top of THAT, 90% of the teachers treat students as work monkeys on the lowest tier of society and the faculty treat the students with the lowest amount of respect Ive seen in a long time. Students are denied basic rights and privlages, and then are blamed for the faults in the school. Besides that, the school nickel and dimes the students for money that the students will not see put back into the school, for example, a PARKING PASS costs $100, and if you're a tech student, youll have to pay for, clothing, tools, and equipment. Bottom line if you have ANY other option, TAKE IT. Plymouth South High School is THE WORST school Ive ever attended, and has no respect for their money farms, oh wait, I mean students.

Posted September 09, 2013
Plymouth South has truly been the answer for our son. We moved here from the south 18 months ago and he has truly blossomed in this environment! He has been in special education classes since grade one and has many unique gifts as well as challenges. The staff at PSHS embraced him for who he is and have made his high school experience a memorable. He is in their awesome tech program, has individualized help with academics and, most importantly, he has friends and feels good about himself. I give PSHS a 10!

Posted August 01, 2013
Plymouth South is from my point of view a great school. I have seen 4 teenagers in my family graduate from that school with honors. The school motivated them to excel in grades and sports. They have all gone to college with a firm foundation received from Plymouth South

Plymouth South High School 1

Posted November 20, 2011
Plymouth South is very close to losing its accreditation, and the principle does not know what she is doing. The school just spent hundreds of dollars on equipment/software and half the teachers do not know how to use it properly. The once amazing tech program has gone downhill, and I am no longer a tech student because of this. Also, as a teenager with medical problems, the school has given us a hard time the whole way, and has dropped the ball on multiple occasions. They boast about their anti-bullying policy, but would rather appease bullies than punish them. The student body has developed a highly negative attitude due the environment they are subjected to. The students are blamed for this negativity, rather than the school taking responsibility for its own short comings. Please send your kid somewhere else if you can. It was a huge waste of four years, and I am only thankful for some cool friends I've met here.

Plymouth South High School 3

Posted January 18, 2011
I am a junior at PSHS now and in my opinion, the school is definitely not one of the best. It is VERY overcrowded; we have four minutes passing time between classes and there is so much traffic in the halls that I often do not make it to my classes on time. Also, I have found that the majority of the teachers I've had over the past three years have been lazy and clearly do not put in as much effort as they should. I have had a number of teachers that barely do anything but handout worksheets to fill up classtime. Most of the materials date back to when the school first opened in 1988. It does not have much money to make any repairs or upgrades and there is mold in many classrooms. (p.s. the kids in the school have a huge smoking problem- i can think of more people who smoke than people who don't). On the bright side, they offer many afterschool sports and activities, which makes it easy to get involved. Overall, being a student at PSHS, I probably would not recommend sending your child to this school.

Plymouth South High School 2

Posted January 26, 2010

Plymouth South High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Its offers a wide variety of courses and has great teachers.

Plymouth South High School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
I live in Plymouth, however my children do not attend Plymouth Public Schools. My daughter went to 4th grade, learned by that and my second never attended. Both are getting great education else where. That is my recommedation.

Posted November 23, 2008
I graduated from Plymouth South in 2007. The teachers were great and the other students were, as well. The building could be better, though. Overall, it was a good time.

Plymouth South High School
490 Long Pond Rd, Plymouth, MA  02360
Last modified Plymouth South High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plymouth South High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top