Bad
Good

Plymouth South Middle School 3

Posted February 24, 2010
Both of my children went to this school, my oldest, was a challenging child behaviorally but extremely bright academically. I felt as though all my efforts to get teachers to work with me were brushed off and they basically didnt want to meet me or my child with solutions, but rather continued to hand me problems. My other child is an easy going polite child, but needs more reminders to stay on task. I feel the school would rather medicate children than do simple things like make the kid with ADD sit up front and cue them with simple common sense IE: OK Billy did you write down your assignment? This seems to be too much work for teachers and they pass it off to the kids. Just an observation, but I think all teachers need to get back to common sense with kids.

Posted March 27, 2009
The best school i have ever been to. I tried out another school and hated it. the lunch program is excelent and the physical edu. is astonishing i was in the best shape.

Posted August 29, 2008
I really like this school. The classroom sizes are not much larger than other schools, homework is posted on-line every day, teachers welcome your comments ans involvement (ALL of my child's teachers gave me their email addresses, so if I had any questions, I could speak with them directly which I did several times). The school is new, clean, and there are a lot of extra curricular activities, not just sports, but drama, math & science club, and lots more. Most of the comments I hear about this school are positive, and I feel its one of the best schools in Plymouth. The negative comments are surprising to me.

Posted May 27, 2008
There are 24 kids in my sons class. I love that they separate by learning speed. He is a high achiever and it's nice to have it go at his pace. As far as I can see, there is not an overcrowded issue. There are approx 700 kids here, compared to 1300 at PCIS. This is the best place to be.

Plymouth South Middle School 1

Posted March 31, 2008
Teacher's and administrative staff tend to brush off parents, when trying to address issues about their children. My son was a new student this year and the teacher's / office has done nothing but start trouble and my son has been a perfect student prior to this. I'm thinking of possible transferring him.

Posted August 09, 2006
I think this school is well above others in the area!The school is state of the art and the teachers are very willing to do what it takes for the children

Plymouth South Middle School 2

Posted June 08, 2006
We just moved here from another state and found the school to be too crowd and the level of learning was below what was expected from our other school. It almost flet as though it was dumbed down the learning for the kids.

Plymouth South Middle School 2

Posted December 30, 2005
This school is quite overcrowded and often times refuses to acknowledge children in need of services, excuses are made and children are overlooked.

Plymouth South Middle School 3

Posted August 02, 2004
Its a nice school but its over populated so the children don't get full attention or enough one on one time with the teacher.

Plymouth South Middle School
488 Long Pond Road, Plymouth, MA  02360
Last modified Plymouth South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.