K-8 & Ungraded
Princeton, MA

Thomas Prince 4

Posted October 08, 2014
I have gone to this school for 7 years, and it is mostly very good. The teachers are very kind and helpful. The classes can get boring, but that's because it's school!!! Overall, the teachers are great and the classes are very interesting- if you love hands-on learning, this is the school for you!!!! With a STEAM curriculum and lots of fun yet logical projects, you will love it!!! There are also great trails and playgrounds, so if you are a nature lover, you'll love this school!!! The only bad things to say are that there is no library, and that there are limited options of who to be friends with, as there are very few students at the school

Posted December 25, 2013
I have transferred my children to TPS and have been very happy. We have found the communication in the school to be far better than what we have experienced elsewhere. I have also been impressed with class sizes, and the Teachers dedication to the school especially through the transition to the STEAM curriculum. The Princeton community has also been very welcoming!

Posted March 23, 2009
I love my school. Thomas Prince has everything you could dream of for such a small community school; wonderful teachers whom push the students to their full potential while understanding where they need help and supporting them, a wonderufl environment of nature trails, sport fields, and lush forests for the kids of all grades to explore and learn in good weather, a playground better than most private schools, excellent ranked track, cross country, and basketball teams with coaches that are phenomenal in teaching and assisisting, and a majority of the kids are great! The classes for the most part are exciting, involving, and teach you plently (but coming from a kid I must admit sometimes, as in all schools, there are boring classes, however luckily at TPS, those are only occasional!). Looking for a great school? TPS! With small classes you can be ensured to get prime learning time and FUN!

Thomas Prince 4

Posted March 27, 2008

Posted January 21, 2008

Thomas Prince 0

Posted August 17, 2007
The teachers in the early grades are fine; some are exceptional. Kindergarten is not warm and friendly, however. The principal is very focused on safety and discipline, but was not warm and welcoming. Our children did not find the school encouraged inclusivity. our son begged us to be removed from the school. He's had no problems since. On the positive side, there is a great nature trail and increased parental involvement. After school sports are well organized, and the track program is great.

Posted July 31, 2005
Thomas Prince is a wonderful school to go to. I just graduated from this school and I must say that I had a great time there. The teachers do their very best to help you understand the material, and I can tell you that you do not need to be sent to a private middle school in order to receive the 'best' math education possible. I was in the highest math classes possible in the 7th and 8th grade and I can say that my education was certainly not lacking anything. My time at TPS was wonderful and I do not regret ever attending the school.

Thomas Prince 2

Posted June 26, 2004
My children have been attending this K-8 school for 7 years. K-4 is a wonderful program. Unfortunately, the middle school grades leave a lot to be desired. The math program is atrocious at the middle school level. We, as parents, had to fight the district to allow Algebra to be taught in 7th grade. And then, to top it all off, told the teacher that if they did not finish the entire Freshman Honors level Algebra book in 5 months, they would have to re-take the course next year. This being said, you would understand completely how my eldest's class lost 21 of the 63 students in the grade when they reached 6th grade. They went on to other schools either in the district or private. However, the early grade levels are wonderful.

Thomas Prince
170 Sterling Rd, Princeton, MA  01541
Last modified Thomas Prince is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Prince Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top