9-12 & Ungraded
Quincy, MA
Students enrolled: 1,521

Posted October 03, 2014
I am giving this review as a parent of a freshman at Quincy High School who is enrolled in both honors and advanced classes. I am impressed by the facility, academics and athletic programs. The facility is only 4 years old. The facility is clean and well maintained by the staff and the students. They respect what they have been given. If your child makes the effort to excel at school, Quincy High School will challenge them with honors and advanced placement classes. Your child will get out what they put into their education. My daughter plays volleyball and I cannot say enough about the coaches. The coaches were at the school 3 days a week all summer long training these girls and getting them into shape. They are are taught discipline, respect and the meaning of teamwork. The new principal is outstanding. Quincy High School is substantially underrated!

Posted July 26, 2014
Great School. I have been in Quincy Public Schools for two years now. I came to Quincy High School in March of 2013. The Tech Classes are great. I am in Information Tech and Graphic and Visual Designs. The Special Education program is great with a department head who wants every student to succeed, so she gives the students the best services. The teachers are great as well as the students. Special Ed classes have a resource room with classes as big as 15 kids max and regular ed classes with 25 kids max rather than 35 - 40 kids in a class in other school systems. If you want great teachers, students and a lot of diversity. This is the school. We also have a caf with a school restaurant that you can go to at lunch. We also have a brand new facility built in 2010 . The guidance services are great and the deans are very helpful. I will recommend everyone who moves to Quincy from other places in the US. If you come from another country and don't speak English, we have a great ELL (English Language Learners) program. So I will totally recommend it!!!!!

Posted July 24, 2014
I have been at Quincy a High School for 2 years now, the Teachers are awesome and they want the best for the students, I see a lot of negative reviews about the teachers, total lie. The teachers are great, Security is great and the staff is great. Security is always on top of things about the students. The deans are wonderful, always willing to assist you. I am in Special Ed and the department is wonderful. The head wants the best for each special educated student. I am in the Vocation Technical area of the school and is nothing but great. I will recommend the school for Students who want respect, diversity and helpful staff. If you were bullied in your high school. Come here and we will respect you and help you every minute of your High School Career. Go Presidents!!!!!!!

Posted December 19, 2013
This school is amazing, the school has so much things that there are still some that i didn't know that they had, i read the other reviews about how the teachers don't teach and that is not true the teachers do teach, they are also amazing, and also the staff and the principal, overall this is THE school you would want to send your teen to.

Posted July 29, 2012
I think it,s a good school.my son like it. he has a lot of friends .

Quincy High School 1

Posted April 24, 2012
i is displeased with this schools lack of black love. We should allow our studients to learn about their black heritiage and their ROOTS. M child spent less then 2 weeks on African history and more then a month on Roman history this is truly outragoues.

Quincy High School 4

Posted November 15, 2011
I graduated from this school and my teenage son attends as well. I am very pleased with Quincy High School. They offer excellent options for Vocational training as well as a wonderful teaching staff! My son is a Junior and so far has had a wonderful experience in the Quincy Public Schools.

Quincy High School 1

Posted June 03, 2011
Teachers that don't teach, principals that don't lead, staff that doesn't know what they're doing. A brand new facility does nothing to replace horrible teachers.

Posted May 30, 2011
I can' t believe that this school only received a 3!!!! I have two kids going to the school and can not be any happier. The work load is challenging but doable. The principle has a very good handle on what is happening and probably knows each and every child by name and is often seen at all the after school activities. The school is diverse and has something for everyone. The fact that the school is brand new is the icing on the cake. My son is using a CAD system that some collages would die for. At this point I really have nothing negative to say.

Posted June 27, 2010
I believe this high school has improve its education level in every single way. Many people think of this school as a bad school because of its past events. However i believe that it all depends on the student, it's in their hands whether they want to have a good future or not. Also if you're thinking of becoming something that's related to science and technology i truly recommend this school. Overall this is a great school and environment for children.

Quincy High School
52 Coddington St, Quincy, MA  02169
Last modified Quincy High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quincy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top