Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Quincy High School allowed their freshmsn english teacher to bully, harass my honor rolll child. The teacher humiliated my child in front of the class. Calling the dean after being fed up was more insult as he immediately took the teachers side without knowing any facts. The teacher is still there. But on a positive note the Administration took swift action w me filling out a bully report and finally removing her from the situation. But without the witnesses to back up the harassment I doubt anything would've been done. The school is new and beautiful and most staff I've met very friendly.

The school is beautiful and the staff friendly and helpful however my honor student was bullied and harassed by her freshman english teacher. Humiliated in front of peers who spoke out about it. I demanded a meeting and the dean was more interested in protecting the teacher. Filled out a bully report thanks to the help of DeChristafaros office who took swift action and removed my child to another class. My issue was this teacher affected my child and family for half the year and she remained teaching there.

I am writing this review as a former student at Quincy High School. This school was under construction as I was attending but there were minimal distractions throughout the school year. Teachers were very attentive and were willing to go out of their way to help were needed. The academics were great but I will say that they made it too easy for student to just get by. For the students that tried it was a great experience and several of my classmate went on to great universities and are excelling in their careers. Another great thing about Quincy High School is the athletics. I played several sports while attending Quincy High school and the programs were great and the rivalry with North Quincy is a rivalry like no other. The brand new facilities should attract more students from attending private schools in the area and overtime I believe that the academics and athletics will improve greatly with the new facilities. Overall this a great school and I would recommend this to anyone within the Quincy district.

I am giving this review as a parent of a freshman at Quincy High School who is enrolled in both honors and advanced classes. I am impressed by the facility, academics and athletic programs. The facility is only 4 years old. The facility is clean and well maintained by the staff and the students. They respect what they have been given. If your child makes the effort to excel at school, Quincy High School will challenge them with honors and advanced placement classes. Your child will get out what they put into their education. My daughter plays volleyball and I cannot say enough about the coaches. The coaches were at the school 3 days a week all summer long training these girls and getting them into shape. They are are taught discipline, respect and the meaning of teamwork. The new principal is outstanding. Quincy High School is substantially underrated!

Great School. I have been in Quincy Public Schools for two years now. I came to Quincy High School in March of 2013. The Tech Classes are great. I am in Information Tech and Graphic and Visual Designs. The Special Education program is great with a department head who wants every student to succeed, so she gives the students the best services. The teachers are great as well as the students. Special Ed classes have a resource room with classes as big as 15 kids max and regular ed classes with 25 kids max rather than 35 - 40 kids in a class in other school systems. If you want great teachers, students and a lot of diversity. This is the school. We also have a caf with a school restaurant that you can go to at lunch. We also have a brand new facility built in 2010 . The guidance services are great and the deans are very helpful. I will recommend everyone who moves to Quincy from other places in the US. If you come from another country and don't speak English, we have a great ELL (English Language Learners) program. So I will totally recommend it!!!!!

I have been at Quincy a High School for 2 years now, the Teachers are awesome and they want the best for the students, I see a lot of negative reviews about the teachers, total lie. The teachers are great, Security is great and the staff is great. Security is always on top of things about the students. The deans are wonderful, always willing to assist you. I am in Special Ed and the department is wonderful. The head wants the best for each special educated student. I am in the Vocation Technical area of the school and is nothing but great. I will recommend the school for Students who want respect, diversity and helpful staff. If you were bullied in your high school. Come here and we will respect you and help you every minute of your High School Career. Go Presidents!!!!!!!

This school is amazing, the school has so much things that there are still some that i didn't know that they had, i read the other reviews about how the teachers don't teach and that is not true the teachers do teach, they are also amazing, and also the staff and the principal, overall this is THE school you would want to send your teen to.

I think it,s a good school.my son like it. he has a lot of friends .

i is displeased with this schools lack of black love. We should allow our studients to learn about their black heritiage and their ROOTS. M child spent less then 2 weeks on African history and more then a month on Roman history this is truly outragoues.

I graduated from this school and my teenage son attends as well. I am very pleased with Quincy High School. They offer excellent options for Vocational training as well as a wonderful teaching staff! My son is a Junior and so far has had a wonderful experience in the Quincy Public Schools.

Last modified Quincy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.