Quincy, MA
After care: No

Posted October 26, 2014
A gem of a school. We 'found' Woodward while making the independent and parochial high school open house circuit. From the open house to shadow day, my daughter loved Woodward. The school building, a mansion on the National Historic Register, reminded me of a British boarding school and I got the sense from students and staff that leadership, academics and collegiality are the core principles vs. the emphasis on money, fashion and social status which we encountered in visits to other local all-girls independent schools in the area. My daughter started Woodward in grade 9 and immediately became part of the school community. The academics are rigorous and school life is full of enrichment activities in the arts, sciences and community. The school has a long prestigious history dating back to its founding by the family of President John Adams and first lady Abigail Adams.

Posted October 26, 2013
I graduated from this school in 2010 and I absolutely loved everything about it. Everyone was so friendly and very welcoming. You met some of the greatest people and the teachers were amazing. They were willing to do anything to help you and made sure you were prepared for your future. The teachers were dedicated, peers were fun and close, and staff was amazing.

Posted October 17, 2013
Woodward is truly an exceptional school for girls in grades 6-12. The administration and faculty are dedicated to the mission of educating great girls who become confident and accomplished women. Students leave prepared for college and beyond. Woodward is a home away from home for its students and it gives girls a place to find their voice and reach their potential.

Posted August 12, 2013
Woodward is an outstanding and wonderful little school that deserves more funds. Being able to attend was a privilege.

Posted May 23, 2013
As a former student, recent college graduate and full-time employee I have only great things to say about Woodward. Having spent my time there involved in various activities I was able to thrive once I got to college. Woodward builds strong bonds between not only the students, teachers but with the administration as well for the type of foundation every parent looks for in their daughter's education. While they may not have all the resources a public or larger private school can offer, they certainly have the heart and dedication to teaching found no where else.

Posted August 01, 2012
I truly love working with the great girls at The Woodward School! I am impressed every day with their strong work ethic, great sense of family values and their will to succeed. I attended public school myself and received a quality education; however, it wasn t until I was at Woodward that I realized the advantage our girls have over others who do not attend....and what an advantage! Doors are open to our girls while attending Woodward and after; they will always have "a seat at the table" once they leave us. All of our girls go off to college well prepared and secure within their skin. The small environment and meaningful relationships with peers, teachers and administrators, create an excellent setting for learning. Woodward is one of a kind. We are proud of our history, the quality of our educational programs, and, most importantly, of the articulate, self-confident, and responsible citizens our students become.

The Woodward School 1

Posted April 28, 2012
The Woodward School for Girls misrepresents itself in many ways. Academically, the curriculum in some classes is far superior in public schools as far as depth and amount of material covered. The school claims to support individual learning differences. This is not the case. The teachers are nice but seem to know little about handling varied learning styles. The students get so many days off, that they are short one month of school compared to public school. Socially, if a girl is having difficulties, there is no trained individual there to help her. Many girls end up leaving the school. Very few parents are involved in the Parents Association. My advice, save your money and go public.

Posted August 06, 2011
wonderful place for kids to grow and learn. very prepared when they leave. worth every penny!

Posted September 18, 2008
Woodward has been an incredibly positive experience for our whole family. My daughter is extremely happy with her friends there. They are a nice bunch of unprentious girls who come from a variety of backgrounds. The dedicated teachers and adminstrators really want each and every girl to succeed. My daughter is thriving there and when she's happy-- I'm happy.

The Woodward School 4

Posted January 12, 2006
This is a great place for your daughter. The administration and staff are dedicated to meeting not only the academic needs of their students, but their emotional needs as well. Close friendships are formed in an intimate and positive environment. The teachers challenge and support all of their students. This private school is a little-known gem on the South Shore.

The Woodward School