No rating

Mutanafisun Academy

Private | PK-5 | 31 students

Living in Quincy

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $250,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,230.

Sweep tile

Posted December 17, 2013

Mutanafisun Academy provides the worst quality eduction I have ever encountered. Don"t send your kids there , they are clueless on the fact that kids are individuals and each child is unique in their learning.

Posted August 30, 2013

I will never forget what damage they did to us. Be very careful with Mutanafisun and don't rush. Look at other options in town.

Posted August 10, 2013

I'm not from your religion. I tutor some families from this school. I cannot write about inside the school because I have never been there but I can say that these students I tutor are below their level. This is your child, when they don't learn at any private school don't be getting mad at your tutors' fees. It is hard to teach children who learn nothing at school. My advice may seem harsh I say better be safe than sorry, take your child to a school where they can flourish and learn.

Posted July 16, 2013

The school is good. What is happening is shameful. There is a personal agenda by the parents whose kid got expelled most likely by there parents attitude. And people are getting on there band wagon and creating this shameful act. Shame on you

Posted July 3, 2013

We found it odd that all who praised Mutanafisun was working there. Several parents told us they are good in Islamic studies but terrible in reading math science. We said to leave comment online but they don't want trouble. I come from Texas, I don't care! Three parents told us their kids had to go one year behind b/c they did not learn anything at Mutanafisun. Because of that we did not bother also what they did to a brother expelling his good kids was wrong and shameful. People know me by Br. Z.Z from Texas you can contact me if want more info.

Posted June 29, 2013

We had to leave Mutanafisun years ago. My son begged his mother to take him out. My brother has his girl in there and he seem happy. It's not for everyone.

Posted June 20, 2013

How could anyone give it a 5 star? I don't get it. They don't even have a playground. Mutanafisun's problems start from the top. It is run by people who have no experience in education. The teachers are underpaid. Sometimes they are harassed. If you want to enroll your child there, go ahead, but be sure to keep your eyes open at all times.

Posted June 6, 2013

The school does not live up to what they promised. Definitely needs to reexamine their priorities. Not a safe environment for my children at all.

Posted June 1, 2013

Mutanafisun is an excellent school. Both of my children attended at different times. The space is the challenge because of its limited resources. However, the school is like a family, everyone knows and respects each other. The teachers care about their students and go above and beyond to make sure the environment is safe, challenging, and conducive to a good Islamic education. The building is an unfortunate situation and is the only reason why I am not giving it 5 stars

Posted May 29, 2013

Some good teachers in a very bad environment. There are too many problems with this school. I cannot say where my children is because they still go there. We are not returning back

Posted May 18, 2013

Hoping to return next year - but the enrollemnt is very tight seems the school has really grown this year - the new pricipal is so on the ball and all the staff, parents and kids love her. They take vouchers now I think that is what is making it hard to get a spot. I am looking forward to next years - Graduation is 6/15 the kids put on a great show every year.

Posted May 15, 2013

We have two children a 17 year old and a 8 year. We saw the school and decided not to risk. This place needs improvement. Too many upset parents not good.

Posted May 13, 2013

This school has amazing teachers who are very dedicated and caring. My five children went through this school and have been very successful in the rest of their academic careers. their curriculum is very fun and challenging. My kids love math and science because of it. I highly recommend Mutanafisun for anyone looking for quality Islamic education. I don't know any school that doesn't have one or two upset parents. Come see for yourself what it is about!

Posted May 13, 2013

This is a great school - the two complaints are from a husband and wife who reaked havoc on the teachers. Excellent Principal, excellent teachers and staff. My son went to the school and graduated. Not only did he gain a strong academic foundation but he also gained an excellent moral foundation that has served him well through his teen age years. Shame on them for slamming this school. My wife will not send our children anywhere elso from K-5 . We wish they went through 12th grade

Posted May 9, 2013

You get what you pay for. My husband pulled our kids from there. It's obvious the school trying hard to post positive reviews. Just see the school to know what's it all bout.

Posted May 5, 2013

Parents should be warned about this place. Building is not adequate, there are no fire drills, school officers are rude. I have three children, one of them went there but I had to pull him out. It was awful. The new principal doesn't know much either.

Posted April 25, 2013

Terrible bully culture, abusive leadership. My child was #1 almost in all categories at this school and even at state level. But she kept getting bullied and taunted and verbally abused by almost all of her classmates. The teacher didn't even care and sometimes blamed my daughter for getting bullied! It was so bad that it gave her nightmares and anxiety. When we insisted that the school should fix this problem, they accused us of "confrontation" and terminated our contract just one month before graduation! Many teachers are very good, but the "Board" will never hear your side, and the new administration however much "nice", is incompetent and unprofessional.

Posted October 17, 2012

With there new principle and new policies this school is going to go forward. Cheapest tution in state with great teachers makes it a plus.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 33% 5%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

470 South St