Austin Preparatory School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
This school is terrible!!! The expectations are so low and teachers allow students to cheat on tests and homework. I was extremely bored in ALL classes! Students are pompous and entitled. Save your money!

Austin Preparatory School 4

Posted July 25, 2014
Teachers/academics are excellent. Very smart students, lots of homework, tests and quizzes. Probably would not be a good fit for struggling students. Extracurricular activities are good, seem to have more emphasis on sports than arts. New headmaster's focus is questionable. Very focused on trendy items implementing iPads (which only some of the courseware is available on, and came with a $1000 tuition hike), new name brand uniforms including shoes and sneakers that will easily run $140 just for those items. Aiming for dress shirts, ties, $155 blazers as part of mandatory uniform. Not a lot of opportunity for parents to meet, volunteer, become involved.

Posted February 06, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time here so far, everyone here wants to be here and the teachers are always ready to help. People complain there are no clubs but I have clubs 5 days of our six day block schedule. The sports teams have been a great experience.

Austin Preparatory School 1

Posted December 23, 2013
my daughter has been attending this school since middle school and is a senior now. Her experience at Austin has been very disappointing. She has gotten good grades, and gotten into very good colleges; but that is because of what she has done for herself. The school has not prepared her for college at all. The faculty and administration abuse their power over the students, and hold too much power over the way that the school is run. When my daughter had her friends over, they talked about how they missed the old headmaster because the nee headmaster likes to "hear himself talk". He just makes new rules because he can, and does not take the students opinions into consideration at all. Not to mention he treats 18 year olds like they are 5.

Austin Preparatory School 3

Posted November 09, 2013
Good school but most people in my opinion "abuse" their power over the children I also think the prices are awful and there isn't good quality food

Posted September 18, 2013
Austin Prep is has been a wonderful experience for my children, the new principal seems wonderful and is taking this school to an even higher level. Any student will get back what is put into any school or program, but at Austin all the kids are on the same page.. wanting to succeed ! A very good atmosphere and motivational factor.

Austin Preparatory School 4

Posted February 08, 2013
No school is going to be perfect, so please don't be naive in thinking your tuition is going to make your childs educational experience perfect. Like anywhere, what you put in is what you get out. Austin has everything available to you if you take advantage of it. There are great teachers who recognize kids wanting to learn and do better. There are sports teams, theatre and arts. My children have been there since middle school, it has been a great experience for both children. Involved and invested parents make a difference in the experience. I like that the school maintains the rules and enforces them. Some people think its over the top, but I believe it helps teach kids; in life you need to follow the rules or there are consequences (REAL LIFE). Over all, our experience has been positive and I reccomend Austin Prep.

Austin Preparatory School 2

Posted December 27, 2012
My child went here and really disliked the school. The courses were mediocre . You would think the faculty would be more engaging and creative considering the amount of tuition the parents pay. When you and your child interviews with the school come prepared with many questions about the curriculum and character of the teachers . I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Austin Preparatory School 3

Posted October 11, 2012
Our daughter attended Austin for her seventh grade year. She did very well at Austin, earning straight As. She had excellent teachers and loved going there. The academics were top notch though she reported many cases of students misbehaving with no evidence of punishment. What concerned us was the lack of after school activities, the fact there is no orchestra, and a very limited theater program. When we picked her up from school, there would be 10-25 kids just hanging around the front of the school well after the final bell. There seemed to be no clubs or programs or any effort to keep the kids engaged between 2:30-5 PM. Our daughter is not interested in sports so she had no real choices after school. Also, we were told 1/3 of the children attending were not Catholic so religion was not going to be intrusive in their experience. Yet our daughter was told to pray before every class. As it turned out, she did not need this outside help to succeed. Overall, a good experience for her, just not as comprehensive as we had hoped for in a private school. We would consider sending her back for high school but we will have to supplement her music and theater interests elsewhere.

Posted April 05, 2012
Both of my children have graduated from Austin Prep. It is the best investment that I could have made. My children were challenged both in academics and athletics. They are currently attending great colleges and were so prepared and ready for college life. I cannot thank the faculty and headmaster for all they have done to help in the guidance not only to prepare them for college but to help make them wonderful young adults that I am very proud of.

Austin Preparatory School
101 Willow Street, Reading, MA  01867
Last modified Austin Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Austin Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top