Reading, MA
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Visit our School today! Rolling Admissions are March through July for grades 6-11. Call our office to schedule a tour, Shadow Day or register for an upcoming Open House. 781-944-4900 ext 770. Visit our website at www.austinprep.org to start your Austin journey.
March 20, 2015

Posted March 21, 2015
As a former student, I cannot say enough about my experience at Austin Preparatory School. The academics is one of the strongest in the area. The teachers are highly qualified and are passionate about their subject matter and especially about their students succeeding. I felt well equipped for college level courses upon graduation and was also able to complete college credits by taking AP courses my senior year at Austin. Also the multiple extracurricular activities were great ways to make friends and also experience something new. I participated in three sports and the team spirit was something very important in the Austin community. I highly recommend this school. I hope you or your children find the best that Austin has to offer!

Austin Preparatory School

Posted March 20, 2015
- a school leader

Posted January 31, 2015
My son is now a senior and has been at Austin since the beginning of middle school and I cannot say enough about the wonderful school. Candidly I think the record of almost 100 percent of seniors moving on to 4 years of further education speaks for itself regarding Austin's commitment to education. The support for struggling kids, getting them involved in community, clubs and sports is great and I have never met a student who was anything besides respectful and courteous. My son's community service requirement resulted in not only his continued commitment to a local food pantry but also mine. It is a great school and I commend them for helping to groom my son into the well rounded young man he is today. My senior year son has been accepted into four great schools so far, thanks Austin!

Austin Preparatory School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
This school is terrible!!! The expectations are so low and teachers allow students to cheat on tests and homework. I was extremely bored in ALL classes! Students are pompous and entitled. Save your money!

Austin Preparatory School 4

Posted July 25, 2014
Teachers/academics are excellent. Very smart students, lots of homework, tests and quizzes. Probably would not be a good fit for struggling students. Extracurricular activities are good, seem to have more emphasis on sports than arts. New headmaster's focus is questionable. Very focused on trendy items implementing iPads (which only some of the courseware is available on, and came with a $1000 tuition hike), new name brand uniforms including shoes and sneakers that will easily run $140 just for those items. Aiming for dress shirts, ties, $155 blazers as part of mandatory uniform. Not a lot of opportunity for parents to meet, volunteer, become involved.

Posted February 06, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time here so far, everyone here wants to be here and the teachers are always ready to help. People complain there are no clubs but I have clubs 5 days of our six day block schedule. The sports teams have been a great experience.

Austin Preparatory School 1

Posted December 23, 2013
my daughter has been attending this school since middle school and is a senior now. Her experience at Austin has been very disappointing. She has gotten good grades, and gotten into very good colleges; but that is because of what she has done for herself. The school has not prepared her for college at all. The faculty and administration abuse their power over the students, and hold too much power over the way that the school is run. When my daughter had her friends over, they talked about how they missed the old headmaster because the nee headmaster likes to "hear himself talk". He just makes new rules because he can, and does not take the students opinions into consideration at all. Not to mention he treats 18 year olds like they are 5.

Austin Preparatory School 3

Posted November 09, 2013
Good school but most people in my opinion "abuse" their power over the children I also think the prices are awful and there isn't good quality food

Posted September 18, 2013
Austin Prep is has been a wonderful experience for my children, the new principal seems wonderful and is taking this school to an even higher level. Any student will get back what is put into any school or program, but at Austin all the kids are on the same page.. wanting to succeed ! A very good atmosphere and motivational factor.

Austin Preparatory School 4

Posted February 08, 2013
No school is going to be perfect, so please don't be naive in thinking your tuition is going to make your childs educational experience perfect. Like anywhere, what you put in is what you get out. Austin has everything available to you if you take advantage of it. There are great teachers who recognize kids wanting to learn and do better. There are sports teams, theatre and arts. My children have been there since middle school, it has been a great experience for both children. Involved and invested parents make a difference in the experience. I like that the school maintains the rules and enforces them. Some people think its over the top, but I believe it helps teach kids; in life you need to follow the rules or there are consequences (REAL LIFE). Over all, our experience has been positive and I reccomend Austin Prep.

Austin Preparatory School
101 Willow Street, Reading, MA  01867
Last modified Austin Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Austin Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top