Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Half of my teachers were not very good at teaching. My experience at Beckwith middle school is an experience I'll never forget and I mean this in a negative way. I am so happy I'm finally leaving this God awful school and heading to the high school. Dighton middle is also unusally moreover priveleged than us even tho we share the same district. Also due to budget cuts, the class of 2019 almost never receives the field trips its supposed to. We were promised a recess for donating the most cans out of all the grades and never got one. We also didn't get a field day this year and our graduation ceremony took place in the school instead of at Francis farm like all the upperclassmen had graduation at. We went to canobie Lake for a field trip for just four hours, which was a waste of money. We were on the bus linger than we were at the park! In 5th grade we were also supposed to visit the freedom trail in Boston like all the other classes but that never happened. They also cut Spanish out of the 7th grade curriculum and replace it with an unimportant class called ICE. My Spanish teacher for 8th grade also did not know what she was doing and was not very fluent in Spanish and was a very bad teacher. We also never had a practice lockdown this year and its illegal not to have one.

I can see the previous reviews are very old! We are new to Beckwith as of Fall 2013 and I have been very impressed with this wonderful school. It is not behind the times and the teachers that my 6th and 8th grader have are all great. I'm a pretty good judge here because my children have been in many schools in USA and also International schools abroad. I just watched an amazing musical written by the art teacher and performed by many talented students. My daughter is in the band and I have been to the concerts. There are plenty after school activities available and sports offered, along with STEM Night held for families. We moved last from a very highly rated school district in another state and my children are NOT missing out here. We have been very happy at this school...very nice students and faculty (not to mention very frequent police presence there for the safety of our kids!)

This school wasn't built for the large amount of students they are getting. And thier budget doesn't match it either. I was a new student in 8th grade and I was very disapointed in the system. The school is very old fashion and behind in most areas.

If you're reading this site and contemplating moving to a town based on their school system don't even consider Rehoboth. Approximately 10 years ago the school system was actually one of the better ones in the area - though there has been a slow and steady decline ever since as a result of budget issues etc etc. Many, not all, but many of the teachers at the elementary and middle school levels simply go through the motions day after day, year after year. Though planning to originally stay in Rehoboth, after 6 years we moved - thank goodness!

i think that the school is great but a little bit disappointed that they are getting rid of the after school activites,chorus,band , and some of the fun related arts.

Last modified Dorothy L Beckwith is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.