Bad
Good

My daughter just love her school. She is a firs grader and since She started I just have great impressions about the school. I went to office to ask something and the principal talked to me without I had scheduled a meeting, She was very accessible and helpful The teachers are really good and work with the families. The curriculum is great, I really recommend this school. .

First of all, I am not happy with the extended day program and I am not the only parent. My kids come home from school and they are tired and don't want to hear about school anymore. There is no time in the evening for extra activity because it's late. Also, the school is not performing that well. They scored 51%. They put to much focus in the MCAS and ANET testing. They should do away with the extended program and focus on regular subjects like Reading and Math. The school should send home a questionnaire on how parents feel about the school. First the extended hours and then on the children's schoolwork.

My daugther loves to study here!!! The stuff is excellent. My daugthers teacher is very helpfull. I recomend this school.

Our son has been in this school for 2 years now, and our experience has been great. All his teachers took the time to understand his skills, and challenged him at his level. The school has a great community and a ver active and involved PTA.

My daughter just started at the A.C. Whelan School and I have nothing but good things to say.. The principal has been more than helpful and my daughter's teacher is wonderful.. She e-mail's me reminders, weekly newsletters, questions, etc. all the time.. I am so happy she is going to this school.

My kids are the most important aspect of me. It takes a village to raise a child. Community, commitment and caring! Thank you John Macero, and Staff can't forget Officer Burke TY Yours truly, Scott

The A.C. Whelan School has always been a great school. I attended over 20 years ago and the staff was awesome. Now they just improved the school even more by building a new one with top of the line equipt. My daughter has been there for four years now and wouldn't want to attend any other school.

My children have gone to Whelan since preschool and, while I would admit I was disappointed with the preschool, we have nothing but praise for it now. I have multiples so I have had the benefit of knowing more than one teacher in each elementary grade level -- and we've never had a complaint. The teachers are supportive and responsive to my questions and help us, as parents, to reinforce what we're trying to teach at home. The teachers have encouraged the creativity and individuality of my children (and simultaneous understanding their connectiveness), and encourage them to each learn at their own pace. I love the extended day! The principle is wonderful and the specialists (OT/PT/speech/etc.) have been fabulous to work with. The only things I dislike about Whelan are the constant PTA solicitations and early release on Mondays -- very hard for working parents.

I like it that is dedicated to the performing arts. I also like the fact that there is physical education everday. Overall they have improved on there curriculum since they started the extended day program.

The school is excellent, my daugther is on kindergarten and her teacher Mrs. Puppo is great. My little one loves and enjoy every single day. The extended day is great, they have more time to learn. I have been talking to another parents from different schools and they do not have the resources that our school has.

Last modified A. C. Whelan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.