PK, 9-12
Rockland, MA

Rockland Senior High School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 15, 2015
I feel the teachers really care about their students. Not just the grades but the well being of their students. Most of them are involved in some sort extra curricular activities.

Posted May 15, 2015
Rockland High School is amazing and getting better every year. Since the opening of the new building last year, they've added 3 new AP Science courses, Robotics and a pre-engineering track. The teachers are incredibly caring and talented and the students are awesome. The Student Council is a Nationally Recognized Gold Council for the 2nd straight year and incredibly active throughout the school. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted April 03, 2015
Also I feel that the teaching and learning are excellent. My son has always scored very high on his mcas and has been a straight A student and Honor Roll his whole life. I feel that allot of the problem is if your child is not doing well then it's the parents fault. It's out responsibility as the parent to make sure our children go to school, do their work, and ask for help if needed. The teachers are not going to hunt you down, you need to hunt them down and ask for help! Still got allot more years to go. For now I love Rockland Schools. They have come along way! And are on the right path!

Rockland Senior High School 1

Posted February 02, 2014
Rockland Senior High School has improved a bit in recent times, but there is a long ways to go before this can be considered even in the middle of pack among high schools in Massachusetts. MCAS scores are among the lowest in the state. The average SAT scores are also pretty woeful. The town has a reputation of not providing the schools the money needed to make their schools first-rate. The one bright sign was an override to improve the middle school building. That was a great success. But it takes a lot more to correct the structural problems that exist in the education portion. One other hopeful sign - with new housing developments comes a new population - hopefully they will care a lot more about education than the old guard currently running the town.

Posted December 18, 2013
Since the over-ride was passed and the new middle school was built along with renovations to the high school, things have drastically improved. Seems to be an influx of new, young families moving to town and the atmosphere is refreshingly live in and around the schools. Jay Retchless and other school leaders are doing a fantastic job getting Rockland schools on the upswing!

Posted August 29, 2013
I attended Rockland high and loved my experience there. I can speak of the teachers at the honors and ap level and they were phenomenal. I currently attend boston college for accounting and the math department at the highschool including mr cassagrande, mr. Dressler, and mrs. Hoffman prepared me well for high college level math.

Posted August 18, 2013
I myself did very well with my educational experience in the Rockland public school system. I attended the John Rodgers middle School as well as Rockland high school. I felt challenged academically in all of honors and ap classes. I felt a majority of the teachers and staff truly cared about the students and emphasized accountability for the work you put it. I applied and was accepted to many of the top notch universities in Boston. I attended northeastern university for both my undergraduate and graduate work and received my doctorate degree in physical therapy. As an undergraduate at Northeastern I felt my coursework in Rockland High prepared me for high college level math, English, and sciences. Recently I returned to highschool and was very impressed with the new middle school and renovated highschool which appeared similar to a college campus. The layout was very thought out and well executed!

Rockland Senior High School 4

Posted March 24, 2008
The reviewers before said it all, it's honestly what you make of. Because of the majority of unmotivated students, Rockland is a school that is harshly criticized. The English department is phenomenal, they deserve great recognition, as well as the Math department. I believe with the rise of certain groups such as Student Government, hopefully Rockland's growth and its true success will shine through the bright, accomplishing students.

Rockland Senior High School 4

Posted April 10, 2006
I think that any child that does not do well at Rockland High school is because he/she is not willing to work hard, and take advantage of all the programs this school has to offer. My child is a senior this year, and has been accepted to every University he has applied to with scholarships, both Merit based and need based. He has taken all AP and Honors classes and has done the work required. I know many parents who thought their child would do better at a 'Private' school like Spellmand or Archies and find the quality of education is not better and return here. I would recommend this school to any student, you get out of any school what you are willing to work for. I am not a huge fan of the principal, but my children are thriving.

Rockland Senior High School 3

Posted February 02, 2006
The staff does as good a job as it can with extremely limited resources. The town and State have cut the budget for 4 years straight, and may begin to add more money to the budget this year. The physical aspects of the school are in tough shape. The Principle is wonderful.

Rockland Senior High School
52 Mackinlay Way, Rockland, MA  02370
Last modified Rockland Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockland Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top