K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our family loves Holy Family School. The children receive an excellent education. They are taught about God and respect for everyone and everything. From Kindergarten up they mold each child to be responsible, caring, loving and wonderful human beings. My second grader prints better than most 4, 5, and 6th graders that attend public schools. The Maria Family

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are all very special, nurturing people. They encourage each child to excel academically. Our daughter is going into the third grade and can't wait for school to begin.

Amount of homework: Agree

At the time I attended, the amount of homework was appropriate. I was able to smoothly transition into a private high school, which was very demanding. I felt well-prepared.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a student, I was encouraged to be kind to others and respect everyone, no matter what their station in life.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I have 3 children a Holy Family, and I could not be happier! While no school is perfect, this is as close as it gets. Top notch education, wonderful teachers, and great kids. thank you Holy Family from the bottom of my heart!!!!

What was once a wonderful, Catholic School, is now in ruins. They adopted the Common Core Curriculum under current weak and inexperienced leadership and give only what is required by Mass State curriculum, no more. They have fallen away from the true Catholic tradition and teach watered down faith (occasionally). Communication is terrible and principal does not respond to concerns or requests. If you are looking for an aggressive curriculum with faith-filled Catholic teaching (no excuses), look further. St Francis is another choice.

I attended Holy Family School as did my brothers. It was a great school then and continues to be a great school now. There isn't a perfect school out there and while I do not agree 100% with everything at HFS I know that I have happy kids that are thriving. Both my students are doing very well and the academics are superior to what their peers are learning in the local public school. Aside from the academics they are filled spiritually as well. From my experience there were 3 of us the went to HFS and continued on to private High Schools. I became a computer science major, one brother has his PhD. in Biology and does Bio Med research and the other is a Environmental / Chemical Engineer. I would say that we were all very well prepared for HS and the challenges after. My son was reading by October of his Kindergarten year and doing easy second grade math problems after Christmas break while his sister studied for speed math). They still teach the basics, including cursive which many public schools have done away with. Over all I would say that HFS is a welcoming community and prepares students for higher education and life in a safe and happy environment.

Such a shame; this school has deteriorated in the years since my daughter was in kindergarten. Terrible leadership in Mrs Cahalane, couldn't be more disappointed. The focus of the school should be on building up technology, but I've seen the school shy from it. Enrollment continues to drop, and I wouldn't be surprised if the archdiocese closed it.

This is one great school! Kids are great and the bonds among them are amazing. The teachers are fabulous and the kids love them. The disciplines are still in place (cursive, uniforms, etc). Computer lab is great - Smart boards are becoming common place., but The old school feel is still intact. I give a 3 for parent involvement, because most parents work full time. In order to volunteer you need to HOPE that you are able to make it to a VIRTUS training session. BUT - on the other hand, we know our children are safe at Holy Family. It's a great place to go to school! I don't know WHO would post a bad review about this school unless they were the parent that caused the issue in the first place. You truly cannot please everyone.

My children have been attending Holy Family School since kindergarten. We are so pleased with their academic achievements, but more importantly are proud of the compassion and empathy they have for others. Both are lifelong skills for future success. Perfect fit for us and would not consider sending them anywhere else.

Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8