Rockland, MA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 19, 2014
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I have 3 children a Holy Family, and I could not be happier! While no school is perfect, this is as close as it gets. Top notch education, wonderful teachers, and great kids. thank you Holy Family from the bottom of my heart!!!!

Holy Family Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2014
What was once a wonderful, Catholic School, is now in ruins. They adopted the Common Core Curriculum under current weak and inexperienced leadership and give only what is required by Mass State curriculum, no more. They have fallen away from the true Catholic tradition and teach watered down faith (occasionally). Communication is terrible and principal does not respond to concerns or requests. If you are looking for an aggressive curriculum with faith-filled Catholic teaching (no excuses), look further. St Francis is another choice.

Posted September 08, 2014
I attended Holy Family School as did my brothers. It was a great school then and continues to be a great school now. There isn't a perfect school out there and while I do not agree 100% with everything at HFS I know that I have happy kids that are thriving. Both my students are doing very well and the academics are superior to what their peers are learning in the local public school. Aside from the academics they are filled spiritually as well. From my experience there were 3 of us the went to HFS and continued on to private High Schools. I became a computer science major, one brother has his PhD. in Biology and does Bio Med research and the other is a Environmental / Chemical Engineer. I would say that we were all very well prepared for HS and the challenges after. My son was reading by October of his Kindergarten year and doing easy second grade math problems after Christmas break while his sister studied for speed math). They still teach the basics, including cursive which many public schools have done away with. Over all I would say that HFS is a welcoming community and prepares students for higher education and life in a safe and happy environment.

Holy Family Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2014
Such a shame; this school has deteriorated in the years since my daughter was in kindergarten. Terrible leadership in Mrs Cahalane, couldn't be more disappointed. The focus of the school should be on building up technology, but I've seen the school shy from it. Enrollment continues to drop, and I wouldn't be surprised if the archdiocese closed it.

Posted December 03, 2013
This is one great school! Kids are great and the bonds among them are amazing. The teachers are fabulous and the kids love them. The disciplines are still in place (cursive, uniforms, etc). Computer lab is great - Smart boards are becoming common place., but The old school feel is still intact. I give a 3 for parent involvement, because most parents work full time. In order to volunteer you need to HOPE that you are able to make it to a VIRTUS training session. BUT - on the other hand, we know our children are safe at Holy Family. It's a great place to go to school! I don't know WHO would post a bad review about this school unless they were the parent that caused the issue in the first place. You truly cannot please everyone.

Posted November 20, 2013
My children have been attending Holy Family School since kindergarten. We are so pleased with their academic achievements, but more importantly are proud of the compassion and empathy they have for others. Both are lifelong skills for future success. Perfect fit for us and would not consider sending them anywhere else.

Posted November 20, 2013
I have sent all my children to Holy Family School and I can't say enough good things about it. The education is obviously superior. When children transfer in from other schools, they invariably have to spend a lot of time catching up. What this means, is that our children are always ahead. Education has always been of the utmost importance in our family and HFS is paving the way for my children's higher education. We don't worry about them getting into private high schools, because they not only get in, but have received all the top scholarships. I know for a fact that the private high schools understand how valuable the education is here. HFS students are placed in higher levels because the schools know, that an 'A' here means more than an 'A' elsewhere. The principal truly cares and is very involved. I love that my children are taught religion and taught to care about the people around them. Education is not about the building, it's about the people inside who truly make a difference. No school or situation is ever perfect, but HFS comes pretty close. I have been a very satisfied parent for over 25 years. My oldest is in her 4th year of Medical School. Thank you HFSl!

Posted November 19, 2013
I absolutely love this school! Every family I have met has been so wonderful. There is such a strong community feel amongst the students and their families. My son has done very well here. The academics are a step above but fun. The new principal Mrs. Calahane has really brought a renewed spirit to the school.

Posted November 19, 2013
HF has been a giant blessing to our family! It has completely changed not just my child's life but our whole family's. The entire school, parents included are so welcoming!

Posted November 19, 2013
Fantastic school, top notch curriculum. Language starting in 4th grade, computer class starting in kindergarten. New principal has really opened up communication with the parents. We moved from a fairly highly ranked Massachusetts public school, and the curriculum here is considerably more advanced.

Holy Family Elementary School
6 Delprete Avenue, Rockland, MA  02370
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Family Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top