Rockport, MA

Posted January 03, 2011
Our son was school choiced into RMS. We were impressed with the structured curriculum. However disappointed in the fact that all of my sons peers who were choiced in have expressed to me that the teachers do a lot of yelling and do not seem enthusiastic about teaching. I feel that exceptional teachers know how to motivate their students by creative lesson planning and appealing to their students desire to learn. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of that going on. My son comes from West Parish and I can't say enough good about the quality of those teachers and The Parent involvement, granted many of them got bumped to the Charter School. I also received a lot of negative feedback about the fact that The Rockport Students are very reluctant to accept students being choiced in. My sons friends have claimed to be bullied, harrassed and continously made fun of by Rockport Students with little or no discipline from teachers. This is alarming due to the fact that they just had a student who committed suicide. I think Rockport should be briefing their students on empathy and welcoming new students. We are now taking a look at Private Schools.

Posted November 21, 2010
this school is really good.i go there and i love it.i will go to rockport high school also.

Rockport Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2009
As a former student, now a freshman at Rockport High School, I think I can safely comment on this school now. Overall, my teachers were very unsatisfactory, with few exceptions, those being Mr. Bob Allia, Mrs. Mcwilliams, and Ms. Briana Riddel. Among the myriad of problems the school has is the tendency for teachers to fail to teach something vital to the coursework because the students 'won't need to know it until high school'. Then, of course, when these students do get to high school, the teachers up there are stupefied as to why they didn't learn that bit of information in middle school. I wish I could write a longer review. In summary: Send your kid to Ipswich. Don't let them get trapped in this school system, like I did. Now it's too late.

Posted April 24, 2007
My son is in High School now, the Rockport principal and staff are great supports for him. My son's journey has been an education for all of us.

Rockport Middle School 2

Posted March 16, 2007
I have two children in the RMS and they complain to me about having lunch at 10 AM. They are ravenous by the time they get home. The surprising thing is that they complain to me that they are bored in class and wish they could learn much more. They report the classes moving too slow. They said they wished that RMS had advance 'other' classes and not just advanced math. It seems they are not being challenged educationally.

Posted March 16, 2007
Middle school lacks parent involvement. Small classrooms are a plus.

Posted September 10, 2006
I can safely say that this school district is indeed top notch. As with any faculty, there are some that are not worth the money paid to them, but the vast majority are here, teaching, because they love their job. We have the benefit of really being able to compare this district with 4 others. All 4 others pale in comparison. If you are the parent of a struggling learner, you can se sure that RES, and RMS have the best, and latest teaching tools for those who struggle. Also, because my children span all three schools, I can now speak about the high school. Ms. Paquin has gone out of her way to ensure my highschoolers educational plan remains intact. Even hiring new highly qualified teachers to do so. It continues to be a pleasure parenting Rockport school district children.

Posted July 13, 2005
- a former student
That school was the best. My daughter made so many friends there and the staff and the people who enroll there are very helpful. My daughter got straight A's and liked all of the newest teachers there like Ms.Goodhue. When we moved I think it was a big mistake because their is no other school like it. So if you need a good school go to Rockport Mass to enroll your child/childern today!

Rockport Middle School
26 Jerdens Lane, Rockport, MA  01966
Last modified Rockport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockport Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top