Rockport, MA

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 07, 2015
One night my child had 16 pages of homework due the next day and was up until 11:00 Pm Homework Times 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 07, 2015
When my child was bullied nothing was taken care of. The vice principal's didn't even let the princaple know. He found out when we told him, two years later.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 07, 2015
Favoritism for some students, Not fair for other students... The entire school was against my child

Rockport Middle School 1

Posted July 07, 2015
My child was bullied by the entire 7th Grade students. The team of teachers, principal and vice principals did nothing about it. The tool the other children's side... We now homeschool my child... Very bad school would not recommend it to anyone...

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 07, 2015
My child was bullied by the entire 7th Grade students. The school did nothing about it and we now home school our child.

Rockport Middle School 3

Posted January 03, 2011
Our son was school choiced into RMS. We were impressed with the structured curriculum. However disappointed in the fact that all of my sons peers who were choiced in have expressed to me that the teachers do a lot of yelling and do not seem enthusiastic about teaching. I feel that exceptional teachers know how to motivate their students by creative lesson planning and appealing to their students desire to learn. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of that going on. My son comes from West Parish and I can't say enough good about the quality of those teachers and The Parent involvement, granted many of them got bumped to the Charter School. I also received a lot of negative feedback about the fact that The Rockport Students are very reluctant to accept students being choiced in. My sons friends have claimed to be bullied, harrassed and continously made fun of by Rockport Students with little or no discipline from teachers. This is alarming due to the fact that they just had a student who committed suicide. I think Rockport should be briefing their students on empathy and welcoming new students. We are now taking a look at Private Schools.

Rockport Middle School 5

Posted November 21, 2010
this school is really good.i go there and i love it.i will go to rockport high school also.

Rockport Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2009
As a former student, now a freshman at Rockport High School, I think I can safely comment on this school now. Overall, my teachers were very unsatisfactory, with few exceptions, those being Mr. Bob Allia, Mrs. Mcwilliams, and Ms. Briana Riddel. Among the myriad of problems the school has is the tendency for teachers to fail to teach something vital to the coursework because the students 'won't need to know it until high school'. Then, of course, when these students do get to high school, the teachers up there are stupefied as to why they didn't learn that bit of information in middle school. I wish I could write a longer review. In summary: Send your kid to Ipswich. Don't let them get trapped in this school system, like I did. Now it's too late.

Rockport Middle School 3

Posted April 24, 2007
My son is in High School now, the Rockport principal and staff are great supports for him. My son's journey has been an education for all of us.

Rockport Middle School 2

Posted March 16, 2007
I have two children in the RMS and they complain to me about having lunch at 10 AM. They are ravenous by the time they get home. The surprising thing is that they complain to me that they are bored in class and wish they could learn much more. They report the classes moving too slow. They said they wished that RMS had advance 'other' classes and not just advanced math. It seems they are not being challenged educationally.

26 Jerdens Lane, Rockport, MA  01966
Last modified Rockport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockport Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top