K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Roslindale, MA

Edward Brooke Charter School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
My daughter started going to BCS august of this year, and I must say I am very impress. within 2 months my daughter started to read. Teachers are dedicated to excellence. There is a heavy emphasis on academics and family involvement in homework.

Edward Brooke Charter School 1

Posted April 30, 2014
Edward Brooke is the worse school I ever been apart of. It lack the resource and trained staff as a regular school. It seems as though they have their own set of rules and standards. And if you have a child with social, emotional or behavioral issues you are kicked out. Instead of them helping the family and child. The principals of the middle and elementary schools are no professional at all and should be replaced with the right professionals. Also BPS should evaluate and step in to help the families/students whom are struggling with the Edward Brooke School.

Posted July 30, 2013
I am very disappointed this site allows the posting of racist reviews. As the parent of a kindergartener at the newly opened, highly diverse East Boston campus, I can assure you the behavioral expectations are the same regardless of race. The teachers are enthusiastic and dedicated to helping each child. There is a heavy emphasis on academics and family involvement in homework, but children who struggle in these areas are not left behind. Instead, there is a system in place to give them the necessary support during the after-school program. This is essential in our community where many parents are not fluent in English and themselves have limited education. Children are allowed to advance at their own pace, but the teacher worked to ensure everyone in my son's class finished the year at level. The great education plus the comfort of knowing my children will never be bullied in school make the extra effort worth it.

Posted September 21, 2010
My children started this school in K2 and now in 2nd grade. In comparison to children their age in the city and suburbs it is apparent this school is developing advanced children academically and socially. If you are a parent that do not support a strict environment and can not commit to your child's academic and social excellence then this is not the school for you. I challenge any parent to find this level of education for free.

Edward Brooke Charter School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
The staff have created a positive learning environment that encourages all students to do their personal best. They are dedicated to excellence and expect results. And they are getting it.

Edward Brooke Charter School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
This is great school education wise, however, I do beleive there must also be balance, and that's where the school is lacking. The discipline policy is too harsh and punative. The students including kindergarterns are treated like modern day criminals and are penalize for everything. There is no room for error in this school. They basically have an off with your head type mentality. The approach is this the great white hope for little black kids.

Posted September 07, 2008
I was part of EBCS' 1st graduating class and I attended grades 5-8. Coming from a BPS I thought that I was being over worked and that the school was too advance for me. As the years went along I came to find that the years begin to get easier & easier. It wasn't just that I was understanding what I was learning but my teachers where teaching me in a way that I could & did understand. They worked with me when I needed it & even when I didn't. EBCS really prepared me for the pressure & work load that I now get in High School. Even though I m only a student I would recommend EBCS to everyone. Its a great school and the environment is even better.

Edward Brooke Charter School 2

Posted August 15, 2008
My son just started to attend this school in August 08. So far, I really don't like the school and neither does my son. I know that they say it is a strict school, but I have noticed that every interaction that the teachers or elementary school principal has with the kids borders being rude and condenscending. Practically the whole school comprise of mostly black children. I saw a handful of hispanic and maybe one asian student. To me, when I go to drop off my son, I don't have a comfortable feeling about the school. Parents are treated as outsiders; you always get the feeling that you are being watched. As a matter of fact, the school gives reminds me not of a school but of a slave plantation, where you have the white masters standing guard to keep the little slaves in line.

Posted March 13, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008
I feel so blessed that my child was able to get a space in this school. EWBCS is a excellent school. The school is strict, but if your child will learn. The day and school year are long and there is homework every night. Everyone at the school knows your name, your child and will always go the extra mile to help.

Edward Brooke Charter School
190 Cummins Hwy, Roslindale, MA  02131
Last modified Edward Brooke Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Brooke Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top