6-8 & Ungraded
Roslindale, MA

Washington Irving Middle School 1

Posted July 23, 2014
This school is horrible! I hated it because of the unnecessary and unreasonable rules, like the uniform rules and binder system. I also felt unsafe in the school and did not feel it was an appropriate learning environment; there were robberies, break-ins, and fights across the whole year (people broke into the dance room and the library and stole 2 laptops) not to mention countless bullet holes in the windows. My last complaint is that I felt most of the staff was unfit/untrained and/or rude. Only 2 out of my many teachers really encouraged me to learn and one was only there for 1 1/2 terms. Overall, I was unsatisfied with my year at this school and was very happy to be moving onto BLS.

Posted August 22, 2013
Washington Irving Middle School is an amazing education experience for all students. My daughter loved the extended learning time because it gave her the opportunity to explore outside interests during the school day. The students are able to take dance, theatre, drama, debate club, sports, and robotics. The principal is an amazing person who really cares about all the students and their education. The teachers and support staff are always readily available not only for the students but the families as well.

Posted August 22, 2013
I am very impressed by the hard work and dedication of both the teachers and administration of the Irving. They go above and beyond for their students and am looking forward to a positive experience for my son, as it was for his brother

Posted September 26, 2012
Am a proud parent - my oldest daughter graduated WIMS June 2012 and now my youngest daughter just started 6th grade at the Irving. She loves it and the Extended Day, though long, as it gives her the chance to experience more rigorous academic opportunities, extra-curricular opportunities and spend time with her friends that she may not see outside of school. As a parent for the 4th year in a row, I have found the Administration, staff and teachers to be dedicated to educating every child and going above and beyond what most schools do. I would highly recommend the Irving Middle School to any parent who wants a quality educational experience for their child!

Posted February 17, 2011
I have always been impressed by the dedication of the teaching staff and administration at the Irving, and the focus on helping students excel. It's a great environment for learning.

Washington Irving Middle School 0

Posted December 24, 2009
i went to this school for 2 years and all i can say is that it was the worst 2 years of my life a horrible experience i wish i never had to go threw and i suggest not to have your son or daughter go there

Posted November 13, 2008

Washington Irving Middle School 2

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted September 13, 2007

Posted May 21, 2007
I love Washington Irving middle school.. for so any reasons... . . . . one is that my child learns a lot in this school . . . . second is that my child had learned how to behave in front of the teachers/ parents/ friends.

Washington Irving Middle School
105 Cummins Hwy, Roslindale, MA  02131
Last modified Washington Irving Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Irving Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top