No rating

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help/Mission Grammar School

Private | PK-8 | 32 students

Living in ROXBURY CROSSING

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $395,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted October 2, 2013

I am parent here and I must say my child will not be returning. The middle school's curriculum is not challenging at all. Absolutely terrible math program and no field trips. My daughter is unhappy and feels bored. She did meet great friends, but will not send her again next year....(might pull her out this year because she is so bored with the material)

Posted June 21, 2013

Mission Grammar is the best school in Boston. The teachers are intelligent, motivated and caring. They are truly part of our family and I trust them with my son becuase I know that he is genuinely cared for. They also do an excellend job of giving him individualized support allowing him to overcome obsatcles and excell at his strength.

Posted June 10, 2013

BEST SCHOOL IN BOSTON!!! THE TUITION PAID IS WELL WORTH WHAT YOUR CHILD IS GETTING IN RETURN. ALL OF THE PARENTS IN MY CIRCLE HAVE CHILDREN AT MISSION GRAMMAR AND WE LOVE THE SCHOOL!! THE TEACHERS ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND THEY TRULY ARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS.

Posted June 10, 2013

My children absolutely love Mission Grammar School. There are in the middle school and cannot imagine being at any other school. Maura Bradley, the school's Principal, is superb in every way. Students and parents alike think the world of Ms. Bradley. She really cares about our students. The assistant principal, Ms. Dutson is a wonderful new addition to the school's leadership. Mission Grammar is the best of the best and my children will be there until they graduate.

Posted June 7, 2013

Mission Grammar School does not represent what a catholic institution should be. It runs more like a business. The school charges unbelievable amounts of money and the students are barely learning. The principal or her direct staff aren't nice people, whatsoever.

Posted March 11, 2012

This school is in dire need of new leadership and better teachers because the education is truly lacking in all areas. It is ashame that parents pay for this subpar education because the students are so ill-prepared for a challenging high school. Just ask the principal about the marginal standardized test scores and her plans to help the ones who are struggling and watch the baffled look. This school needs to be shut down and sold and the proceeds given to better performing Catholic schools ASAP.

Posted April 21, 2010

This school could be one of the best schools in america great teachers,staff and principal
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 10, 2009

As a Mission Grammar parent for the past 4 years, my husband & I feel that we have made a great choice towards our child's future. The school population is small & there is a great sense of community among the faculty/staff & students; also the faculty/staff are dedicated professionals who love education & love the children. Extracurricular activities & additions to the curriculum such as Art & Music are up & coming & I would like to see more parent involvement with the school's Family Organization. Overall, I think that Mission Grammar is one of Boston's (Roxbury's) hidden jewels & I am proud that our scholar (that's what the students are referred to as) will be following the footsteps of other alumni relatives/friends.

Posted March 10, 2009

Mission Grammar is a school where all children are nurtured, challenged, and successful. The best decision I have made for my child

Posted February 21, 2009

Mission Grammar is an AMAZING SCHOOL. I am the proud parent of an 8th grader. My son came home after his first day of school and said 'Mom I have the best teacher this year and he is new'. I was so happy to see that my son liked school. I want to thank Mr. Mihal for his endless commitment to my son's education. Thanks for everything Mr. Mihal you have changed my son's life! God Bless you and Mission

Posted August 7, 2008

I highly recommend this school to all families seeking a quality experience for thier child.

Posted February 19, 2008

Very good school, my son has been attending this school since k2 and I am very pleased.

Posted November 20, 2007

Mission Gramar is a school I am proud to say my daughter attends .My daughter is in 3rd grade and boy does it bring back memeories for me having attended the school myself. Miss Bradley is an awesome well rounded leader who know and addresses you by name. My daughter is getting an excellent education. Thank you Mission Grammar , especially Miss McCarthy and Miss Hemmelgarn.

Posted October 2, 2007

Mission Grammar is a second home to my children. The entire staff and faculty love the children and are very dedicated. The principal has brought wonderful change to the school.

Posted September 14, 2007

My daughter attended Mission Grammar and it was a great experience for her that I joyfully shared with her. Although the extracurricular activities need to be addressed with more attention, the principal is extremely warm, loving, compassionate and caring. these are attributes that are shared by the whole faculty however in a very discipline orientated environemnt. This creates an environment where teh children feel safe and learn alot because of all the love but more importantly also realising that boundaries exist and consequences follow once the boundaries are not respected.

Posted September 1, 2007

I send my 2 children to Mission Grammar. The teachers and principal are wonderful. My older son went onto an elite private school in Boston. We are very happy with Mission Grammar and highly recomment this school.

Posted July 24, 2007

Mission Grammar School is an amazing school with a welcoming atmosphere. The principal is dedicated, kind, and in touch with all children and there families. The teachers work long hours and hold high expectations for all students. There is a clear and consistant discipline policy which is based on Responsive Classroom. My 3 children love Mission Grammar School.

Posted July 3, 2007

Mission Grammar School has a great faculty and wonderful educators. But the principal and discipline policy are non existent. There is no consistency with punishment when children break school rules. This leads to chaos and will eventually lead to great downfall of this school.

Posted May 5, 2005

I feel that this inner-city Catholic school has some of the most dedicated and hardworking teachers, and my child attended a school before this one. Leadership and extra-curricular activities are lacking, the teachers and their work ethic make a huge difference!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Boston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

94 Saint Alphonsus Street