Roxbury Crossing, MA
Students enrolled: 1,313

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school it is awesome I love it it is just great Obryan't all day

Posted June 01, 2013
Tobin Maurice J. Middle School, It is the great school because the teacher's very patient, caring, and loving to my children. I know when my children in school they are well care for and secure. The education it is formidable, my children's pass the MCA's. By next, I have one going graduate from Tobin Middle school.

Posted April 06, 2013
Coming into the O'Bryant as a transfer student from Boston Latin School I did not know what to expect. One of the first things I noticed coming when I came to OB is that the teachers where really supportive. Back at BLS I can remember having to rely on myself to pass the classes (Thankfully I eased through BLS with headmasters). I came to the O'Bryant because of it's specialisation in math and science and I was really pleased. Really the O'Bryant has been looked at as a third rate school compared to the other two exam school. But from my experience this school is just as hard and just as challenging as the other two exam schools. The students here are really motivated to do their best in everything that they do and most even go on to attend top rate universities ( Harvard, MIT, Yale, ect..). So if you are a parent with a student applying for exam school please do not discard the O'Bryant, Give the school a second look and you may find that the school may be the right place for your child, After attending Boston Latin School and Shadowing at BLA I can tell you that this school is way better than BLA. Students are happier at this school and seem more motivated than the kids at BLA.

Posted January 26, 2010
I am currently a senior at the O'Bryant. I must say that the efforts made by the students and most of the teachers are great. My current principal, Mr. Sullivan, truly loves the students and has provided great support and help. Unlike our previous principal, Mr. Sullivan can always be found for help and encourages us on a daily basis. My one complaint is that we lack the supplies that I believe a school of math and science. This, however, has never stopped us from striving high and earning fabulous grades and scores. My suggestion is that the BPS system takes a hard look at the three exam schools and realize that we have been ignored and unappreciated for too long.

Posted November 14, 2009
I'm an alumni and I must say that this school definitely prepared me for college. I'm in one of the best universities in the nation now and I'm kicking butt in all my classes. I know I can attribute this to OB. The academics are great, the teachers were great no matter how much I complained about them. I love the diversity in OB, so many different ethnic backgrounds learning together, it's just wonderful. That's something I miss experiencing now that I'm in a majority white university. The school also offers alot of extracurricular activities and they have ties to MIT, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard and other great companies that one wants to have ties with. OB is definitely worth it and your child just has to be focused and try his/her best to make it in this school (just like in the real world)

Posted April 01, 2008
I've been here for two years and I'm happy to say that the teachers really do care, they help before,during, and afterschool. There's never something you can't accopmlish academically at the O'bryant!

O'bryant School Math/Science 4

Posted November 26, 2007
I am 7th grade in this school and I feel like the teachers have good strategies for teaching.

Posted September 26, 2007
As an O'Bryant alumni, I believe that the O'Bryant is a fabulous school. I feel that I was more than prepared for college and learned very valuble things at that school. The teachers try to help students that are having difficulties and overall the teachers are amazing. There were many extracurricular activites available that I could not even do everything that I wanted. I would reccomend this school to anyone. I attended O'B from 7th grade until I graduated and I could not say anything better about this school.

Posted May 05, 2007
I am a current student at the O'Bryant, and I am far impressed at the classes I am offered here. The courses are amazing, and they are only growing. The school has it's own building specifically for music and science. Even the older students are there for each other, staying after school every Tuesday and Thursday for homework help. If there is any school that you are looking to send your child too, I suggest the O'Bryant.

Posted April 24, 2007
My daughter is completing her first year at the O'Bryant and I can not be more pleased with this school. Academically my daughter has far exceeded my expectations I attribute this to the great support and encouragement from her teachers. The teachers have encouraged her to participate in sports and events that she had never tried before and she has had a great time learning these sports and meeting new friends.I have spent many afternoons with her teachers and office staff cheering on the team. Many of the other test schools do not do this, especially for 7th graders. My daughter is becoming a well rounded student and I feel this will take her far in her future. I have recommended this school to other families and will continue to do so.

55 Malcolm X Boulevard, Roxbury Crossing, MA  02120
Last modified O'bryant School Math/Science is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O'bryant School Math/Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top