7-12 & Ungraded
Roxbury, MA
Students enrolled: 1,313

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school it is awesome I love it it is just great Obryan't all day

Posted June 01, 2013
Tobin Maurice J. Middle School, It is the great school because the teacher's very patient, caring, and loving to my children. I know when my children in school they are well care for and secure. The education it is formidable, my children's pass the MCA's. By next, I have one going graduate from Tobin Middle school.

Posted April 06, 2013
Coming into the O'Bryant as a transfer student from Boston Latin School I did not know what to expect. One of the first things I noticed coming when I came to OB is that the teachers where really supportive. Back at BLS I can remember having to rely on myself to pass the classes (Thankfully I eased through BLS with headmasters). I came to the O'Bryant because of it's specialisation in math and science and I was really pleased. Really the O'Bryant has been looked at as a third rate school compared to the other two exam school. But from my experience this school is just as hard and just as challenging as the other two exam schools. The students here are really motivated to do their best in everything that they do and most even go on to attend top rate universities ( Harvard, MIT, Yale, ect..). So if you are a parent with a student applying for exam school please do not discard the O'Bryant, Give the school a second look and you may find that the school may be the right place for your child, After attending Boston Latin School and Shadowing at BLA I can tell you that this school is way better than BLA. Students are happier at this school and seem more motivated than the kids at BLA.

O'bryant School Math/Science 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I am currently a senior at the O'Bryant. I must say that the efforts made by the students and most of the teachers are great. My current principal, Mr. Sullivan, truly loves the students and has provided great support and help. Unlike our previous principal, Mr. Sullivan can always be found for help and encourages us on a daily basis. My one complaint is that we lack the supplies that I believe a school of math and science. This, however, has never stopped us from striving high and earning fabulous grades and scores. My suggestion is that the BPS system takes a hard look at the three exam schools and realize that we have been ignored and unappreciated for too long.

O'bryant School Math/Science 0

Posted November 14, 2009
I'm an alumni and I must say that this school definitely prepared me for college. I'm in one of the best universities in the nation now and I'm kicking butt in all my classes. I know I can attribute this to OB. The academics are great, the teachers were great no matter how much I complained about them. I love the diversity in OB, so many different ethnic backgrounds learning together, it's just wonderful. That's something I miss experiencing now that I'm in a majority white university. The school also offers alot of extracurricular activities and they have ties to MIT, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard and other great companies that one wants to have ties with. OB is definitely worth it and your child just has to be focused and try his/her best to make it in this school (just like in the real world)

Posted July 07, 2009

O'bryant School Math/Science 4

Posted May 30, 2008

O'bryant School Math/Science
55 Malcolm X Blvd, Roxbury, MA  02120
Last modified O'bryant School Math/Science is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O'bryant School Math/Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top