PK-6 & Ungraded
Salisbury, MA

Salisbury Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My son is in the Pre-K program right now, and so far we had no issues with the school. I feel like there is great communication between the school and parent, and I can email the teacher at any time and she response quickly. The only complaint I have is that many of the events are for Kindergarteners and up. I wish they would include the Pre-K students more. I also don't like the drop off situation and hope they would do something about that. I feel like I have found a great community, and many of the families in my son's class hang out after school as well. The school is new, clean, and has a friendly environment when you walk in.

Posted April 08, 2014
If you have a child with special needs, this school is NOT for you. They are slow to help, and often made me feel like my child was not worth their time and effort. I felt like my child was a bother to them and it was to the point that my child was afraid to go to school there. That spoke volumes to me! I pulled my child the second I could!

Salisbury Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2013
My son attended pre-k @ a neighboring town last year & he got to take part in holiday activities both in his classroom & school-wide events for parents. Also had some classroom activities for the parents to come see if the school itself was not doing such, just a quick song & dance, cute! During X-mas the entire school took part in a assembly & they each sang a carol & dressed up, adorable. They were communicative w/ parents, i had the teachers e-mail, & she e-mailed parents on a weekly basis to update us of what they had done in the class that week, I was never left in-the-dark. At Salisbury, it's as if the pre-school wing does not exist at times! The Pre-K kids are hardly involved in school events, it royally stinks! One reasoning given was because of their maturity level difference, I find it hard to believe that a 1yr age gap could make or break it for an entire group of kids... it's dissapointing, I've seen it first hand that a 3 yr old, or a 4 yr old CAN take part of those events! As far as education goes I have no complaints, my son seems to be growing just fine, so I am happy, but i would really like to see the school open up their events to ALL kids, not just K+.

Posted March 29, 2012
Dear "feel compelled". I believe you missed the point of the post. My daughter is a 4th year student at SES. The PTA indeed informs the parents of SES with newsletters and school happenings, but administration nor the teachers communicate individual student information to the parents with the exception of 2, 15 minute teacher conf. The teachers at this school are very traditional and most of my child's friends are "afraid" or "don't want to be yelled at" by them. SES admin allow teachers to institute discipline however they see fit. In some instances, it s very militant. It's also up the teacher to have parties or not. This year, NO PARTIES ALLOWED!, but students in the connecting classroom "earn" pizza parties and pajama days which they enjoy monthly. My daughter has been on 2 field trips, both times to the same place. SES has dropped its MA school ranking to 676th (2011) from 477th (2010) out of 895 schools based on poor MCAS test results. Curriculum is outdated. Bullying is not addressed. Yes, the drop off is a joke. This school has many issues to address, starting with administration, staff and lack of community effort, which, in my opinion, is not going to happen anytime soon.

Salisbury Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2012
I feel compelled to respond to the last post regarding Salisbury Elementary School. I am involved in the PTA there and a newsletter is sent home at the beginning of each month full of information about what is coming up that month as well as useful information for parents. The office itself sends out a weekly email with "SES Happenings" which also highlights that weeks calendar. The PTA works tirelessly on fundraising which enables each grade to one field trip a school year as well as enrichment programs that are brought in for students such as puppet shows, historical reenactments, animal demonstrations, etc. As far as class parties, there are man throughout the school year, Halloween, Holiday,Valentines, etc.. Our 2 children have been at the school for 4 years and have ALWAYS had these parties so I'm not sure what this parent is talking about. There is also a very active after school program and many classes offered after school as extra curricular activities such as chess, pottery, legos, sign language, & many more. There are book fairs, The Holiday Shop, Dances, etc. I find it very hard to believe this parent has not been aware of any of these many activities.

Posted February 13, 2012
This is my child's 3rd elem school; by far THE worst. From the drop off/pick up area, to staff & activities it is ALL the way around terrible. Staff takes priority over the children & get the closest parking. The children are dropped off in the furthest lot & must brave the elements & walk along the driveway that the staff uses as a speedway; then cross in front of many buses to enter. NO school activities NOTHING! I call it the school of NO INFORMATION unless I call to find out what is happening we are kept in the dark, no newsletters NOTHING! It took me 3 days, an office visit & mulitple phone calls to get the principle to call me. After we meet his staff was to contact me with follow up, that was over a month ago, I will have to call to get info. It is almost March & the only paper ever sent home was 1 report card. They never take the kids on field trips, have a class party or have 1 fun activity. My childs nasty teacher explains why the class has NEVER had 1 fun event. A picture hangs in the stairwell that my child wanted to know whom it was. I said why don't you ask Mrs. X, the response, "no way Mrs. X will yell at us if we ask her a question" - Tells it all.

Salisbury Elementary School 5

Posted November 02, 2011
I went to Salisbury Elementary School for the full 8 years. I have a diploma from there I received when I graduated from 8th grade. It was a wonderful school. I have nothing but good memories from those 8 years. I went back to visit after I graduated from high school, and I felt so comfortable being back in there. It was amazing how everything seemed so small and close to the floor. When I went there it was called Salisbury Memorial Elementary School, at least that is what my diploma says. Again, a wonderful school with outstanding teachers.

Salisbury Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2010
VERY HELPFUL WITH THE KIDS, NICE SCHOOL VERY GOOD EDUCATION PROCESS

Salisbury Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Being a 'beach town', Salisbury reaches out to many transient families who live in the hotels for the winter. The school is constantly challenged with students transitioning in/out during a school year.

Posted July 14, 2009
I have found this school lacking in every way. While their are a few idealistic teachers that work hard at making the school better, the principal and vice principal are severely lacking in dealing with children and people in general. I take issue with their idea of recess is to march around the school once and return to their classroom!

Salisbury Elementary School
100 Lafayette Rd, Salisbury, MA  01952
Last modified Salisbury Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salisbury Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top