Sandwich, MA

Henry T Wing 5

Posted September 18, 2013
Amazing school. So many programs, but they need more. The teachers are di dictated and appear well supported. I like the small class sizes, but was dismayed to see 20 In my sons class this year.

Henry T Wing 4

Posted March 04, 2013
My son loves this school. His teachers have always been wonderful with him and they care about all the kids. The staff makes an effort to know the kids and the parents. My son is in 2nd grade and his teacher keeps me well informed and took the time to learn his strengths and weaknesses, those are the things that matter. He has improved as a student because of this school and the teachers.

Henry T Wing 5

Posted February 18, 2013
My daughter is in the first grade and so far our experience has been excellent. I cannot say enough about her kindergarten and first grade teachers. The principal Mrs. Lima is wonderful and always made time for you or replied to an email right away. This school has a lot of parent support and a very involved PTA that goes above and beyond.

Henry T Wing 3

Posted March 18, 2012
Much can be gleaned by looking at the dates of these posts!!!!!!! Our son is not yet in 6th Grade, some of these post are worrying.

Henry T Wing 2

Posted January 22, 2012
Henry T wing school is a school for "average" students. If you want your child to excel & get the education they need in order to do so then this is not the right school. After 6 months of attending the wing school it was very evident that it was time to pull him out & switch to private school. The lack of teacher/parent communication is awful. The fact that I picked my 1st grade son up in a lobby of 8th graders using profanity (right in front of the office administration staff) was also very unsettling. I have nothing but negative things to say regarding this public school.

Henry T Wing 1

Posted June 06, 2011
I have never seen such a high incidence of home schooling and pulling kids out of the local public school to put them into a private one as I have seen in the Wing school district. The school is average at best.../

Henry T Wing 3

Posted March 13, 2011
In reply to the poster, former student, I would like to give you kudos. This is, perhaps, the most perceptive and accurate assessment of the middle school regime at Wing. Both my husband and I attended wing (and then forestdale) and now our children attend Wing as well. Both of them flourished from pre k through 6th grade, but my son, who is now in 8th grade has become identical to your description. We were chalking up his apathetic behavior to hormones, a turbulent time in our home and having a great deal of extra curricular activities to maintain. Although I am certain that all of those things did play their role, it was flabbergasting to read your comments and nod in agreement. Previous to 6th Grade my son LOVED school.... would have been sad to miss a day, was proud of his perfect attendance record since 1st grade. He actually asked me to make dentist/doctor appointments after school hours so he wouldn't miss any school. And his teachers gushed over how advanced he was,how polite, how participatory and what a great student he was. Looking back the decline started around 6th grade, but this year has been a replica of your commentary. Eye opening, Thank you

Henry T Wing 1

Posted May 02, 2010
I am a former student of this school - I ended up leaving. Wing is a PreK - 8th Grade school, yet it s evident that once kids hit 6th/7th grade they re forgotten. In the upper grades, kids are treated like 3rd graders. The older grade teachers are of poorer quality. The MCAS prep is horrendous - it's incessant. 'Enrichment' is only to boost test scores. About 3/4 of the student body becomes unmotivated, HIGHLY disruptive. Classes I was in had 24-28 students (not conducive to learning). There is very little for advanced students - much of the funding goes to the students who need extra help. Extracurricular activities are also few and far in between. The large class sizes plus disruptive students and not-so-great teachers make for a bad learning environment. Many students come to dislike the school very much when they leave.

Henry T Wing 0

Posted April 28, 2010
There is a great feeling of community at Henry T. Wing...The PTA is second to none..They are highly motivated and always working to plan fun events for the students and their families..

Henry T Wing 0

Posted April 28, 2010
We have an awesome PTA - they provide a lot of extra events for the students/families to particpate in. Their is definitely a feeling of community. In addition, we have some great teachers and school administrators - dedicated to our students growth.

Henry T Wing
33 Water Street, Sandwich, MA  02563
Last modified Henry T Wing is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry T Wing Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top