Sandwich, MA

Forestdale 4

Posted April 18, 2014
I have two children attending this school and have been very pleased with the support from the teachers, administration, and special education staff. One of my children is on an IEP and the staff has been extremely vigilant to meet my child's needs. The school social worker has made the experience at Forestdale Elementary School successful and has truly made the growth of my child, academically, socially, and emotionally, possible. She is a truly gifted educator.

Forestdale 1

Posted January 20, 2014
I have two children who attend this this school. Both are on IEP's. The teachers are very supportive when not threatened by the administration. They advised me to sing off on my son's IEP, saying that he met his goals, unfortunately I did. Through testing that I paid for myself, we found that he had dyslexia. With the help of an Advocate ( more money) we got him back on to an IEP. I do not recommend this school to anyone who's children need special education. Not unless you have a very good Advocate.

Forestdale 2

Posted May 16, 2011
Poor leadership and responsiveness to issues. Decent teachers. Some are great, others poor. Lots of drama in the school. Sometimes I think a reality show would do well there, but not somewhere for my kids to learn. Great parents and PTA though

Forestdale 1

Posted November 17, 2010
Do NOT send your kids here, horrible, horrible school system. They are by far the worst you can imagine. If you can, move or send them to private school. I moved and removed my son from here and he went from failing everything to 4 years later, full scholarship to North Eastern. Unsupported and sued by SEVERAL parents but you never hear about it unless you are one of them.

Posted October 13, 2008
I believe that the education your child recieves in this school is as good as the effort you as a parent put into it. The school definitely lacks in leadership qualities, however with the new priciple perhaps things will change. I am a graduate from Sandwich Schools and things have a long way.

Forestdale 5

Posted September 30, 2008
I have two children at Forestdale and find it top rate. The staff are caring and supportive and go the extra mile to provide an enriching and challenging environment to all children. MCAS scores have climbed each year and have always been good for most students. There is a very proactive and involve group of parents who help this school to be tops! The new principal is wonderful and responsive - but a strong leader, too. They struggle with MCAS for the most severly disabled students in the school (the special classrooms for autistic children) - but the fact that the state requires ALL children to take and pass MCAS regardless of the severity of their disability is ridiculous!

Posted December 01, 2006
Forestdale is a struggling school. The administration seems to be trying, but thing's seem to 'get away' from them easily. There are a few solid, good teachers but many that aren't as committed as one would hope. In terms of Sandwich, Forestdale is the least desirable place to send your kids and the caliber of children they will encounter is not as nice as in the towns two other schools. Unfortunately, I can not recommend this school. I can only recommend a select few teachers that are as frustrated with the school and other teachers as we parents are. Just look at the MCAS scores, they speal volumes about this place.

Forestdale 5

Posted March 25, 2005
Forestdale is a very friendly and welcoming school. The staff goes out of their way to make everyone fell included and part of the school 'family'. Academic programs are excellent and the teachers really care about the development of each student, and they work together to provide the best 'fit' for each student. From what I have seen, the academic level these kids reach at the end of each grade is well on par with other successful and highly regarded schools across the country.

Posted February 22, 2005
This school has many problems. One is the over indulged children who attend. The other is the parents who have their noses in the sand. The other is that the Pricipals do not solve any issues brought forward by students or parents. These issues were never discussed with any of the students. All the problems in the Sandwich schools are swept under a rug. Do not move your family to Sandwich!

Forestdale 4

Posted September 09, 2003
Overall, this school along with the other 2 K-8 schools in this town are fabulous. Students having difficulties are quickly recognized, and assistance is provided with the student's dignity taking importance. Special programs are offered to help students prepare for the MCAS as well, and students are receptive to these programs. Everyone helps eachother out, and should a student transfer from another district or city to this school, the transition is made easy for them.

Forestdale
151 Route 130, Sandwich, MA  02644
Last modified Forestdale is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forestdale Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top