Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 13, 2016
Mrs. Petipas is the best teacher I have had the pleasure to know. She is a wonderful teacher and I am thrilled she is at Forestdale School. Thank You for everything you do for your students.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 13, 2016
The teachers (and I have worked as a parent with three so far) all treat each student as an individual with individual needs and strengths.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 13, 2016
After a long day at school the students need some homework. But I have never seen too much homework such that the children spend all night trying to get it done. Mainly the homework is a small review of the days lessons.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2016
The students are taught that they can all achieve anything that they set their sights on.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2016
When my boys come home and use manners that have been taught both in the home and the class room it is great. I love to be told my teacher taught me to be like that.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2016
Students are taught it is good to care for one another and it is not acceptable to be mean to anyone.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2016
These are all qualities the entire school teach our children from the very beginning of school. It is also nice to see the students being taught to be polite and respectful.

Forestdale 5

Posted June 13, 2016
I currently have two children in this school. I can not say enough good things about this school. This is the best school for young children. The school and the staff are not only teaching the children but they truly care about all of their students. Not many principals take the time to know their students by name and make the families feel they care. I know I will be very sad when my boys are too old for this school. Forestdale thank you for being part of our family and letting us be part of yours.

Forestdale 4

Posted April 18, 2014
I have two children attending this school and have been very pleased with the support from the teachers, administration, and special education staff. One of my children is on an IEP and the staff has been extremely vigilant to meet my child's needs. The school social worker has made the experience at Forestdale Elementary School successful and has truly made the growth of my child, academically, socially, and emotionally, possible. She is a truly gifted educator.

Forestdale 1

Posted January 20, 2014
I have two children who attend this this school. Both are on IEP's. The teachers are very supportive when not threatened by the administration. They advised me to sing off on my son's IEP, saying that he met his goals, unfortunately I did. Through testing that I paid for myself, we found that he had dyslexia. With the help of an Advocate ( more money) we got him back on to an IEP. I do not recommend this school to anyone who's children need special education. Not unless you have a very good Advocate.

151 Route 130, Sandwich, MA  02644
Last modified Forestdale is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.