School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We're working hard to check in with students and parents regularly about what's really happening between students. We are deeply committed to preventing and responding to harassment and bullying and our students report that they honestly believe that while bullying sometimes happens, it happens with much less frequency than in the past and they appreciate all the efforts that have been made to address it. New students and parents regularly report that they love Oak Ridge and that they feel safe, welcomed and challenged. Our graduates return often with fond memories of friendship and learning. If students or parents are having an issue I want them to call or email me immediately so I can address it. My number is (508) 833-0111 and my email address is tdaniels@sandwich.k12.ma.us. We are a great school and we want to get even better!
January 19, 2012

Bad
Good

That is an interesting statement by ex-principal Tom Daniels below, too bad it is not true, maybe he should have really listened to us kids. Hopefully the new principal will because I am tried of being afraid to go to school and the horrible things people say and do to me. I am sick of being bullied and no one helping. I want to not hate school :( A current student

Our son is a graduate of Oakridge School. He went onto a private boarding school. As parents we were nervous about the transition from a public school to a private school . We believe our son was well prepared by the Oakridge Teaching staff and administrators to acclimate to the change. He has excelled in academics and athletics. We feel his educational foundation provided by the Oakridge faculty has enabled him to adjust and thrive in this new learning environment. Currently he is in all honors classes and an honor roll student! Thank you Oakridge for providing and supporting his desire to learn and explore!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 19, 2012

So far very impressed. Just moved here from Conn, and our son is from Thailand. He has been treated very well by all, teachers responsive as is the office, and Principal. I managed largest apartment community in Hartford, and this school is well managed by its Principal, and the cleanliness rating is PRISTINE... KEEP IT UP OAKRIDGE.

I think that the oak ridge school is a great school for anyone to come to!!! The school has awesome teachers and there is challenging work , but, you can have so much fun!!!!!! I am a 6th grader at oak ridge and i LOVE it!!!!!!

Oak Ridge School is an amazing school! i go to this school and have been there for 8 years now and i have enjoyed how much it's helped me! The teachers are phenomenal and very well trained! i am an 8th grader now and the teachers i have now help me a lot with preparing for high school! the after school activities are awesome such as sports for 7th and 8th grade, student council for 5th-8th grade,bully busters, and other fun clubs! This year we also have a new competion called Oak Ridge Idol for 5th-8th grade for any child that wants to show off their amazing singing talents

I encourage all parents of Oakridge students to stay involved in your children's schooling and activities. There are bully issues, the lunch time is over crowded and having joined my children for lunch I can say with complete honesty that one teacher per grade (100+ students) is not enough. 2 Teachers pre grade at recess is not enough. Lets work together to make this school better. As it stands now, it makes me uncomfortable having my children go there. Bullying is an important issue for everyone, everywhere-lets end the cycle!

Like most public schools, there is always room for improvements. That being said, I can say with complete confidence that the Teachers at Oakridge are top rate and being trained in the latest curriculum. Oakridge currently uses 'Everyday Math' and a 'Responsive Classroom' method. They are in the process of converting all the grades over to these two types of learning - and I know I've really seen great things coming out of my elementary school student at Oakridge. The school is locked down during the day with the exception to the front door which is directly next to the administration and secretaries. I have more then once been stopped in the hall when I've forgotten to grab a badge (but signed in) and asked to go get a visitor badge. There have recently been some bullying issues going on, but I believe this is an issue Statewide.

Hello, Oak Ridge school is a very wonderful school. Oak Ridge is not crowded, as some other people think. Also the attendance is taken, and i would know because i am a student(Hailey) and i always hear my name being called for the attendance. The lunchroom at my school is rather good(except for their hotdogs). But all in all Oak Ridge and Sandwich is Awesome!

Last modified Oak Ridge is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.