Islamic Academy Of New England 3

Posted September 02, 2014
I feel I am being rather generous with this rating. First off I noticed a comment below on Singapore math, this method is no longer being used at the school. Also if you value arts the schools program for it or rather the lack there of might be alarming. There is a revolving door of teachers in the upper grades which is concerning to say the least. It's a great school for PreK-2nd grade. I know they are trying but having been established for well over a decade I would expect much more.

Posted September 17, 2012
A school that' s a real community -- we have three of our children in the school. Parent involvement and caring teachers make for a school that feels like a loving community environment not just a school. The academics are solid, and the teachers in general are very dedicated to their students.

Posted September 29, 2009
Given the budget and the facilities that the school has, I think they are doing a wonderful job and I'm impressed with my daughter's progress. The recent school reports show that the overall results for students in elementary level are above the average of other schools in the nation.

Posted October 20, 2008
Great school. I am a very demanding parent of a first grader - never thought I could be 100% satisfied, but that fact is I am. Definitely 5 stars!

Islamic Academy Of New England 0

Posted July 30, 2008
My children go to IANE. The school have a strong focus on Academics. My daughter was reading chapter books in KG. The school also teaches Singapore Math. They built a nice basket ball court recently in addition to the already existing playground and the surrounding playing fields.

Islamic Academy Of New England 3

Posted January 23, 2008

Islamic Academy Of New England 1

Posted June 14, 2007

Islamic Academy Of New England 1

Posted April 12, 2007
I am very disappointed with this school. The unexperience starts with the principal and continues down the line. Newsletters are sent home with numerous mispellings. The children are 'drilled', not taught. There are no field trips and barely any decent recess time. There are no sports or gym...as a result the children have lots of pent up energy and choose to act out instead. There is no guidance couselor or nurse, although they pretend to have what I call a 'virtual guidance counselor'. There are maybe 3 good teachers here, but the rest lack experience and every year there are new teachers...I wonder why?!? Islamic values and the practice of those values are not found here. If you want an Islamic school with experience, stay far away from this one and choose Al Hamra instead.

Islamic Academy Of New England
86 Chase Drive, Sharon, MA  02067
Last modified Islamic Academy Of New England is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Islamic Academy Of New England Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top