Bad
Good

Left this school system because neither the teachers nor the administration would address our concerns with academic issues with our child. We were continuously put off and told "he would grow in the the subject" We were overly concerned. Told from 3rd grade through 6th grade that his phontic spelling was fine and "don't worry, he'll have spell check to fix his mistakes" I was litterally told this! Spelling and grammer never counted on any tests. Teachers very condisending to us. Principal was cold and degrading to students and parents. My child didn't want to go to school. Now, he's a differnet kid. Loves to read and has been on the honor roll every semester since we moved to a different community. Find somewhere else to live or send your kids to a private school or look for a public school choice school in a different community.

Good school, I am happy with the 4 yrs my daughter spent there.

wow.....my daughter goes to this school and she has improved alot.

Michael E. Smith is a great school. I always have great teachers, and feel safe in my classrooom. I get an incredable education, and have a good time.

My daughter love it! She [has been at] South Hadley schools since first grade, she learned, and improve her language skills with excellent results. When she came to the schools she was not bilingual. Today she is totally bilingual! We coming looking for good education, safety, and a pleasure school to send our daughter and so far we found it!

Last modified Michael E. Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.