5-8 & Ungraded
South Hadley, MA

Posted July 14, 2011
Left this school system because neither the teachers nor the administration would address our concerns with academic issues with our child. We were continuously put off and told "he would grow in the the subject" We were overly concerned. Told from 3rd grade through 6th grade that his phontic spelling was fine and "don't worry, he'll have spell check to fix his mistakes" I was litterally told this! Spelling and grammer never counted on any tests. Teachers very condisending to us. Principal was cold and degrading to students and parents. My child didn't want to go to school. Now, he's a differnet kid. Loves to read and has been on the honor roll every semester since we moved to a different community. Find somewhere else to live or send your kids to a private school or look for a public school choice school in a different community.

Michael E. Smith Middle School 4

Posted April 27, 2009
Good school, I am happy with the 4 yrs my daughter spent there.

Michael E. Smith Middle School 4

Posted April 19, 2009

Posted March 01, 2009

Posted November 12, 2008
wow.....my daughter goes to this school and she has improved alot.

Posted February 03, 2008
Michael E. Smith is a great school. I always have great teachers, and feel safe in my classrooom. I get an incredable education, and have a good time.

Posted January 28, 2008
My daughter love it! She [has been at] South Hadley schools since first grade, she learned, and improve her language skills with excellent results. When she came to the schools she was not bilingual. Today she is totally bilingual! We coming looking for good education, safety, and a pleasure school to send our daughter and so far we found it!

Posted September 03, 2007

Posted June 12, 2007

Posted January 20, 2004
we previously lived in chicopee, after moving to south hadley 5 years ago, i noticed a difference within first month of overall school preformance and committment to all students, including special needs students. extremely happy with this school system and all it has to offer

Michael E. Smith Middle School
100 Mosier St, South Hadley, MA  01075
Last modified Michael E. Smith Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Michael E. Smith Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top