South Hadley, MA

Posted April 28, 2010
There is a lot of bullying going on and it's hard for students to handle it because the school chooses to ignore the issue

Posted April 28, 2010
The school has issues which are recently being brought to light which the administration and faculty has long ignored. Before enrolling your children here, you have to ask the question why it took them so long to enact anti-bullying legislation? It's a reactive environment at SHHS, not a proactive one, you make the decision, you accept the risk.

Posted April 17, 2010
My children have had a great experience at the high school.

Posted August 15, 2008
I'm a student here at South Hadley High School and personally I find that it is not as bad as most people say it is. Really.

Posted April 23, 2008
I have to agree with the negative reviews. SHHS has a terrible principal with no leadership qualities. The school is dull and according to my student, the kids get away with murder. I have two children in the middle school now and refuse to send them to the high school.

Posted January 28, 2008
Terrible!! No sense of community!! No diversity!! Clique-elitist behavior extending into the elderly community. Secular/Insular Community. Beware!

Posted August 31, 2005
I'm a parent of a current student and I am deeply upset by some of the comments made. There isn't absolutely nothing wrong with SHHS's diversity, we have numerous clubs and after school activities fit for every personality out there. the academic programs give the students many opportunities to challenge themselves, whether they decide to or not is up to their discretion.The music program is great and the directors of the program do an excellant job.It's a nice little community and nothing is ever perfect, we should all just accept that now.

Posted March 23, 2005
I have also been in South Hadley Schools my whole life. I don't know where some of these people are getting there information from. South Hadley High is a great school. Although are school is small I feel we are well equiped. We have a huge choice of class's to take, we have 2 computer lab and a library with just as many computers. Every single room has a TV, VCR, and computer connected directly to the TV's. The teachers at SHHS are very supportive and understanding. Although some are a bit harsh in their ways they make sure the kids learn what they need to learn. I've yet to have a teacher I have disliked.

Posted August 13, 2004
I was a student at SHHS (1987-1991) and I agree with Theresa that the school was poorly supported by the town's taxpayers -- especially considering the economic background of the average citizen. However, I believe SHHS did quite well for itself despite that. I felt the teachers, overall, were both caring and knowledgeable. The school also offered a fair amount in addition to 'the 3 Rs' given its size. No, I do not believe we had a class in photography at that time, but we did have one in music theory. We also introduced an A/V program either while I was there or shortly thereafter. I suspect both of those were rare over a decade ago. Then there was the marching band that was and still is a phenomonal group. Almost entirely self-funded, it consistently excels in competitive performances along the east coast -- truly earning the name 'TigerPride.'

Posted May 14, 2004
I was a student at South Hadley Public Schoools my whole life until I moved this year in the middle of thenth grade. I loved South Hadley and I miss it so much. The school was small but very united. They had alot of spririt and these comments about people being spoiled rotten are not true. The students work very hard for everything they do and on average most students here do really well. I loved my friends, I loved the sports and I loved the administration, especially after dealing with another school. I've seen how other schools work and it makes SHHS look all the better.

South Hadley High School
153 Newton Street, South Hadley, MA  01075
Last modified South Hadley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Hadley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top