7-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
South Hadley, MA

Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
My rating is bitter-sweet. Although I find the school to be very good when it comes to academics I do not feel the same way toward the Performing Arts program at PVPA. I have a daughter majoring in acting and the other in dancing and both have had some issues getting into plays, dance groups, etc. PVPA strives on "Not everyone gets into show business" and they claim kids have to keep trying out for things in order to get in but I thought that is why I was sending my kids to PVPA, so they can "LEARN" techniques and how to become a successful actor and how to land an audition and so on. In my opinion if your child does not fit the mold of an actress or dancer without curves, never mind talent, passion, and desire! PVPA is not Broadway or Beverly Hills. They are supposed to be teaching our kids on what to do before they get out into the real world of let downs of the real world. I just hope it doesn't continue because then they will have more kids thinking they are not good enough and lose hope for the future.

Posted May 24, 2013
PVPA was my home for six years. After a brief stint at a local public school while my mother was in treatment for cancer, I returned to open arms and loving hearts. I've met people I consider my family at this school. To debate some parent's concerns that PVPA does not offer rigorous academic courses, I quite enjoyed the classes I took. They weren't easy, certainly. PVPA had some of the hardest courses I'd ever taken and I loved all of them. I learned more than I ever had. I appreciated the fact that students could choose their own classes in later years, since I was able to approach learning as something I wanted to do and not just vague memorization of characters from history. In the year since I've graduated, I've visited twice, and each time, I come back to the most loving community I've ever been a part of. I feel more accepted there than I have anywhere.

Posted April 21, 2013
I honestly can't imagine going to any other school. I went in with not that much interest in the performing arts and expecting to leave after middle school, but I'm still here going into my junior year, and have fallen in love with theater. This school has allowed me to grow in ways I never would've imagined, and has made me who I am.

Posted October 25, 2010
PVPA is the safest, most supportive, most student-centric school imaginable.

Posted October 13, 2010
We love PVPA because they support the freedom and ability of each child to learn without anxiety. Traditionally, my child disliked going to school. Since the 2nd grade each day has been a battle to get her there. Now that she attends PVPA, she cant wait for the weekend to be over so that she can go back. Her homework is done without tears and is taught in a meaningful way in which she is actually retaining the information. Definately a positive experience for all of us!

Posted June 08, 2010
All four of my children have graduated from this amazing school and gone onto amazing academic careers,

Posted June 28, 2009

Posted February 04, 2009

Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School 1

Posted September 23, 2007
Lacking fundamentals your child will know how to speak with an foreign accent, but will not be able to explain the Great Depression or even the Civil War. This school offers classes on Jazz and Hip Hop but not a speck of opera or classical music Dance is all modern (20th Century). The local area is rich with former residents such as Jonathan Edwards (and what about the witch hanged, she was from here?)and John Brown. Literature has no use for: Abigail Adams, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Samuel Adams, A. Bronson Alcott, Louisa May Alcott, Fred Allen, Susan Brownell Anthony, Clara Barton, Louis D. Brandeis, William Cullen Bryant, John Cheever, Lydia M. Child, E. E. Cummings, W. E. B. Du Bois, Will Durant,Mary Baker Eddy, Ralph Emerson, Robert Frost. Civics is woeful, with no conception on how Shays' Rebellion is connected creation of the United States Constitution.

Posted August 05, 2005
If young adults discover a love for learning, they get involved with their education. They contribute to the creativity with which the lesson is delivered. They empassion their peers and inspire their teachers. Such is the culture of learning at PVPA. The arts are integrated in their learning, and the students follow the notes, the pros and the dancing feet right into American History, algebra and Greek mythology. What I can say about parental involvment is that every PVPA kid that has ever been over my home for a sleep over with my kids, was like a member of our family. We are all involved, parents, teachers and students. From the carpooling, to the concert totting, to the team meetings when Johnny is trying to get away with not turning in assignments. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
15 Mulligan Dr, South Hadley, MA  01075
Last modified Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top