PK-3 & Ungraded
South Yarmouth, MA

Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School 5

Posted February 08, 2011
This school is amazing. I am so thankful to have my son in this school. The teachers are very helpful and understanding. The principal is very nice, caring and available anytime. When I walk my child down the hallway everyone says hello to him. He is so happy to go to school. They have been phenomenal accommodating my son's issues due to disability and making sure that he can have the most successful school years. Great school where they put the kids first.

Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2010
I've found the quality of the staff above par and my kindergartener is excited to learn. I do find discipline a bit of a problem. Not w/ the school rather what they are bringing to the school from home. I've been impressed w/ everyone in the school from the office to the classrooms and will be so sad if the school closes. It provides a wonderful balance of teaching independence while keeping our little ones safe.

Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2010
This is one of the problems: No one has rated this school. There is zero sense of community and the school is in jeopardy of being shut down. No one says hello or even holds the door open. And people drive faster through the school yard than they do on Route 6. So it isn't the school so much as it is the parents of the children who attend. Day Care in the winter is scary: They cram the children in front of a television. But of the staff seems to care. Mr. Allanbrook is an inspiration. But they send home far to much paper to be tossed away and need to challenge these children more.

Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School 5

Posted June 06, 2008
I'm a grandmother of a third grader. What a wonderful school this is. My granddaughter has thrived this year.

Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2007

Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School
1175 Route 28, South Yarmouth, MA  02664
Last modified Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurence C Macarthur Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top