Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

High School/Science-Tech 3

Posted September 28, 2015
I feel the school was left open for a lot a changes. I fought hard for school uniforms but was told it was impossible (it's now a standard in the Springfield Schools, yay!). I brought a lot of ideas to the table as a student and was told they simply weren't possible. I know this school can do more for it's students. When I went to the school there were seven classes EVERY day which left no time to learn anything in class and no time for seven classes worth of home work EVERY night. It was highly stressful and eventually lead to me shutting down. I did graduate and went on to university and I'll soon be working on my Master's of Education. I want to help other students excel and with my experience I know I can help guide the youth towards successful futures. A successful future DOESN'T mean you have to go to university! Know what you like, do what you love, and be true to yourself!

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 28, 2015
At the time, teachers were powerless and there was no discipline available. The "in house" detention room was always full so no new students could be sent down.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 15, 2015
A thank you to my oceanography teacher for giving me a passing grade when I didn't deserve it to help me get out of that school and graduate.

High School/Science-Tech 4

Posted November 16, 2009
Im a 2009 GRADUATE of SCI TECH and I totally LOVED sci tech!! There is REALLY No school thats going to prepare you for college!! College is a learning experience you have to find out about when you get there! That comment made about the dicipline there at SCI TECH is so NOT true the principal and adminstrators have that school controlled!! yes Sci tech has a BAD rep because thats what ppl want to see but there is SOO much good there but they only focus on the BAD!! Sci tech dont have the right like other schools to pick and choose there students like the other schools they have to take the left over! But i can say SCI TECH is a Place where a student can EXCEL,ACHIEVE and be the BEST that they can BE! TEACHERS are GREAT and want to be there! Very Supportive! CYBERCATS lets GOO

Posted April 19, 2009
I attended this school and I must say that it was not the best. The discipline is terrible and there aren't enough teachers that care about helping their students. I never got a lot out of going to this school and this school didn't prepare me for collge, which is said since I was always an honors student and this school didn't help me get into a good college.

High School/Science-Tech 3

Posted July 11, 2006
Sci Tech works hard for those how put forth the effort. There are a many students going to very prestigious schools this year, even one who won the Gates Award and is entering Harvard in Fall. Springfield needs to support its teachers so that they don't leave Springfield and the students of SciTech behind. The quality is there.

High School/Science-Tech 4

Posted November 02, 2005
opposite of the last student. im a student graduating this year and i feel that scitech is on its way back from being a bad school to one of the top schools in spfld. over the years i have been here i have seen a dramatic turn around in the school. its not the best yet but it isnt as bad as that other student said.

High School/Science-Tech 2

Posted November 03, 2004
Sci Tech wasn't a pretty poor experience for me. I was class of 2003, and now I'm at engineering school. Sci-Tech just didn't prepare me for my freshmen level classes and even now I find myself flustered with some simple material. As for 'technology', there's relatively none. There's very little in the way of learning programming or learning hardware. The best science, math, and English teachers have retired. I had an excellent experience with athletics during my four years. If you're reading this, you're probably a parent considering whether or not to send your kid here. My advice to you is to choose another school. Sci-tech has past its prime; it's on shaky ground.

1250 State Street, Springfield, MA  01109
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. (413) 750-2000
Last modified High School/Science-Tech is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.