K-5 & Ungraded
Springfield, MA

Posted March 13, 2014
A few of the teachers were good and seemed to care about the kids but most seem short tempered and would rather not be there. The PTA was unorganized and were not willing to show any money handling proceedures. I helped out with quite a few school functiouns due to the lack of help elsewhere. glad we moved away.

Posted August 12, 2013
Before you send your child to this school be aware of a few facts first. During mcas minths the staff us told to only teach ela all day, included the lower grades. During the month if math mcas they are directed to only teach math all day. Do your child is not getting any other subjects taught for as month at a time. Not sure how this is following the common core standards. If your child is on an iep then make sure it is being followed! If they are supposed to be in a substantially seperate classroom, the the are not. They closed that room and put all the students in regular ed classes. If they have counseling on their grid then most likely they are not getting it. The counselor is too busy being the "librarian". The school also puts kids on 504 plans without even holding a team meeting with the special education director to see if they qualify. They just do it so that the students can get accomodations in time for mcas. That is all the administration cares about. She is an unsupportive leader that takes pleasure in making her staff feel intimidated.

Frank H Freedman 2

Posted April 04, 2013
My child has been in this school for 2 years and is doing well but he had a great foundation. He has has great teachers at this school. Unfortunately the administration is lacking a lot. The PTO is non-existent and there are no checks and balances with the money that is raised, the Principal controls the money and uses her husbands political power in her practice. The front office staff is mediocre, uneducated and disrespectful. Unfortunately in Springfield you are assigned the schools your children go into and unless you pay for private school or are lucky enough to get into a charter school or out of district school, you have no choice where your child is placed. Again I will say that the teachers my child has had have been great and I do maintain contact with them and I am involved in my child's education.

Posted March 26, 2013
I must say beside my son's teacher who can be difficult at time as well but nothing compared to the rest of the staff. The staff at Freedman school are absolutely inappropiate, disrespecful, worst attitude ever, starting with the principal she is very rude and intimidating. If the principal who's supposed to be the role model for the kids and the rest of the staff in school is so unprofessional and rude, what can you expect about the rest of the staff? As soon as you walk into the office the receptionist is looking at you with such an attitute and it get worst when you ask questions, then follow by the principal. I really feel terrible everytime I have to drop off my child to this school, he is so intimidated, and beg me every morning not to leaving there. The school department needs to start looking into this matter soon before it get any worse. It's not about the quality of education, this is about first impression, discrimination perhaps, and just the level of professionalism is so poor.

Frank H Freedman 5

Posted August 14, 2012
The staff members at Frank Freedman school are one of, if not the best grade schools in the city. The cirriculum is challenging and fun for the children. They are learning at a higher level than other children their age. The teachers instill selfworth in the children so they feel good about themsevles and their learning. This makes them want to go to school. Putting your child in this school would diffinately be a plus.

Posted July 06, 2012
This was my son's first year in this school, and the office staff makes me sick!!! They are rude and disrespectful.... I don't like the principal at all and she missed our meeting that she set up! There are some really good teacher and others should not of been! I am trying to get him out but I am not having any luck! Please let me know how I can get him out!

Posted May 27, 2012
I DONT LIKE THIS SCHOOL AT ALL I DONT RECOMENDET TO ANYONE MY KID WAS AT THIS SCHOOL IN KINDERGARDEN N THE TEACHER WAS NOT FAIR WITH HIM SHE REALLY WANTED HIM OUT SHE WASENT HELPING HIM AT ALL N THE PRICIPAL WORST NO THIS SCHOOL FOR ME GET NOTHING AT ALL NO START NO EVEN ONE AND LET ME TELL YOU WERE MY KID GOES NOW HE IS DOING GREAT AND HE IS EXELENT IN SCHOOL BUT NOT THANKS TO ANY OF YOU IN THAT SCHOOL

Frank H Freedman 0

Posted April 13, 2010
My daughter started going to this school she's in first and the office people are terrible they got bad attitudes and i am going to have to say when we lived in holyoke ma the school was way better than springfield they get homework and all that good stuff for them to learn and now she's in freedman she hardly gets homework and when her report card comes in they state she dont return 'helloooooooo she never even gets it' and you cant even talk with her teachers let alone the principal...i think we should of stayed in holyoke schools!!!!

Frank H Freedman 5

Posted July 09, 2009

Frank H Freedman 2

Posted June 23, 2009
My daughter went to this school. I have to say that the teachers are second to none. They are without a doubt the best of the best. Unfortunatly the administration is sorely lacking. The children who do not want to learn and only disrupt the school are allowed to do as they please with little consiquences. This lack of action on the administrations part surely hinders the teachers from running their classrooms and the children who are there for an education loose when teachers are forced to constantly deal with disruptive children.

Frank H Freedman
90 Cherokee Dr, Springfield, MA  01109
Last modified Frank H Freedman is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank H Freedman Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top