Bad
Good

In my opinion, I believe the ratings at this amazing school is not warranted and I am astounded by the horrible ratings. My son and daughter had attended this school since kindergarten and I have not had a problem with not one of the teachers. They are kind, caring, helpful and professional with their jobs as teachers and staff. Also, Ms. Collins the principal at Frederick Harris is a kind and strong leader and is willing to help and care for all students and parents. In conclusion, I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!

Mrs. Bates who works in the office should not have a job working with human beings. The school should have fired her years ago for her disrespect of chilren and their parents. Mrs. Bates aside, the teachers and principal are wonderful and really do care about the children and their families.

My child attends pre-school here. It seems to me they don't teach him anything at this school. It's like dropping your child off at an 11yr old girls house to babysit each day

Mrs. Bates, the secretary in the front office is rude, condescending and sarcastic. I've yet to have a pleasant business transaction with her. I will be taking the necessary actions to complain. It's so sad that in this economy that someone will fulfill her job requirements wit due response, kindness and regard to all. It's foolish to be expected to settle for someones unmerrited disregard!

Harris School is an awesome school. Teachers are dedicated and work hard to help students achieve academic success. Students are eager to attend school because they feel a sense of belonging and are willing to learn new skills. The Principal is also a strong leader. She's able to manage parent, staff and students' interactions is a suitable and professional way. The academic currriculum is challenged through high expectations, differentiated instruction, data analysis and grade level curriculum planning. Harris School is creating life-long learners!

My son attends this school and he loves it, the teachers are great, young and active. My son needed special services last year and the school was very accomodating and supportive. There is also great activities for the kids and families. The only negative is that the principal does not have a good bed side manner, though she gets everything for the school, last year she sat next to me and my husband at my sons IEP and did not say hello to us and left abruptly.

I DONT agree with the rating of this school by the website. I have had a child go through this school, and one still attends and it is a great place. The teachers really care for the students. There are a lot of yong teachers, but I condiser this a good thing because they really 'get' the kids. Thy are also energetic and offer so much for the kids. The school has lots to offer especially the older kids. Studnet council and field day, trips to forest park and drama. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else.

Last modified Frederick Harris is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.