K-5 & Ungraded
Springfield, MA

Posted March 15, 2010
The school is great academically. my daughter has been going here since kindergarten in 2005 and is now in the fourth grade. it does not have a gymnasium howebver and there is no art or music either. They focus so hard on theai academics I feel the children get bored with the learning.there is not very much parental involvement either and the pto lacks an active committee, they do not go on field trips either, however they seem to be doing fanatastic on their mcas

Posted May 27, 2009

Glenwood 0

Posted March 25, 2009
Great teachers. I have noticed however, that the environment is very penile. There are a lot of suspensions for kids there for what I consider minor offenses. But in general, Springfield schools have a 'jail' feel to them, in my humble opinion.

Posted January 11, 2006
My children have been going here since 2002, & overall it has been a wonderful expierience. Compared to other Springfield Scools My Children and family members children have attended this school is the best in Springfield. The staff encourages parent involvment and truly bring out the best in the students. Befor my son attended Genwood hr was a D F student, by the time he graduated the 5th grade he was an A b student & has continued to do well in school for the last 2 years. Thanks to excelent teachers like Annie McKay, & Mr. Kawa Glenwood is a wonderful school for kids to get a headstart on thier future.

Glenwood 5

Posted June 15, 2005
Although my son had a bad teacher for 3rd grade, this year's teacher was absolutely awesome and she has received many awards for being such a great teacher! Since principal change over last summer, I believe that the curriculum, as well as the school disciplinary and parental involvement with the school has improved dramatically (and it was great to begin with). It's not a magnet school and is in a great, yet 'hidden' part of Springfield. It seems to have much diversity though caucasian's are the minority. I only wish they had a grade school extra-curricular sports program though instead of the children having to go to the boys and girls club or something for it. I love this school so much that my Kindergartner will be going this fall with her brother, but it's a shame there's no preschool, because then all 3 of my children would be enrolled.

Glenwood
50 Morrison Terrace, Springfield, MA  01104
Last modified Glenwood is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenwood Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top