Springfield, MA
Students enrolled: 2,074
After care: No

Springfield Central High School 3

Posted August 03, 2015
This school offers so many great AP classes, and pay for all the students' AP and SAT exams. We also get free lunch/breakfast, free public bus transportation and free dinner for athletes after school. There are so many resources here to help us get to college, like college club and gear up, and the teachers really try their best to have everyone at least graduate high school. But this school's really REALLY crowded, so much that it can take you half an hour to get your lunch. And it kinda sucks how much athletes are favored over other students by literally every staff, even the lunch ladies. Also, the esol kids are being neglected because they arent actually being taught english but rather just watch youtube videos all day. All in all though, Central's the best out of the other three public schools.

Posted April 23, 2014
I graduated in the year 1993. I'll never forget my teachers I had. They were excellent. I have memories to last a lifetime and keep dear to my heart. Going to Central was the best decision I ever made. Academically, I was encouraged to work to my full potential. It was Central and their dedicated teaching staff that taught me not to settle for the easy way out but to really challenge myself. For that I'm forever grateful!! We were" Daring To Be Different "

Springfield Central High School 2

Posted November 02, 2013
This school is overcrowded and pushes student to complete AP course work that they are not prepared for.

Posted January 28, 2012
I love it at Central. The teachers are great to talk to. The classes are very diverse and there are plenty of AP courses I can choose from. The sports program is also very excellent and we pride over our academics as well as sports. It's a very good environment and I'm very happy here.

Posted January 09, 2010
i think Central is an amazing school and a great role model school for all the school's in Springfield, MA...you have to see it to believe it really!

Posted October 11, 2009
everyone is like family and it is serious about giving us a good education and a good highschool experience.

Springfield Central High School

Posted May 12, 2008
My daughter is graduating from this school this year. She has a 4.6 GPA , has excelled here, and has had opportunities to take advanced classes that she would not have had in a smaller town high school.

Springfield Central High School 4

Posted January 04, 2006
My children attend/ed Springfield Central High school . I have to say there high school years were wonderful and most rewarding. The teachers and staff they worked with always had a positive influence . I am very proud to say my children excelled

Posted August 23, 2004
I was a former student at Cental High, c/o 2003. Central is a great school. I had a great experience there. The teachers are great, and the principals also. The teachers will do anything in their power to help their students succeed in their classes. Also, the principals have a lot of control on their students.

Posted March 02, 2004
I graduated from this high school in 1988,at that time it was the best there is. I have had several relatives to graduate this school and feel the same way. I now have a child of my own attending. Overall this school is excellent.

Springfield Central High School
1840 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, MA  01109
Last modified Springfield Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top